Options

HS Wrestling... First Try..

OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
edited December 28, 2009 in Sports
A few shots from my first attempt at wrestling. Used one SB800 on a flash bracket. Forgot that the flash doesn't always keep up with with burst shots. :huh

C&C always welcome!

1. Ref has it covered. :thumb
746054647_UFnov-L-1.jpg

2. Dead Lift....
746055306_iuYV6-L-1.jpg

3. Not the best quality, but I couldn't resist the pose. :wink
746056416_GL92N-L-1.jpg

4. Just another day at the office. :D
746057062_Hqi76-L-1.jpg

5. "OK Coach... I'm on top of it"
746053816_uAb8B-L-1.jpg

6. OOOPS. :dunno
746053359_2vmPb-L-1.jpg

More later, maybe....

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    John,

You've got some nice shots here for a first time out. You did a good job on the white balance. But it still looks like a decent amount of noise. In looking at your site these were shot at ISO 500 - shouldn't have that noise on a d300 at that low an ISO. Were these underexposed and adjusted in post processing? Also, they're lacking a bit of punch - were they framed loosely and have a decent amount of cropping? If not, what lens were you using?

Don't get me wrong, these are decent images. But I think there are a couple issues that if we can figure out will give you some even better results.
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Also - forgot to mention. Looks like you've got pro pricing going on the gallery but you still have originals enabled. I doubt I'd pay $3.50 for a 4x6 when I could just download the shot for free.:D
  • Options
    termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Good expressions... good captures.

In addition to the already-mentioned noise, these images are a little soft for my liking.

Do you have strobes? Have you considered placing them in the corners of the arena?

Not only will this help with light in what is probably a tough arena, but it will help freeze action--to 1/10000 of a second.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com