Antique Guitar

helloyo53helloyo53 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited December 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This guitar is about 40 years old. It's a semi-acoustic, although the electronics are broken in it.

2009_12190004.jpg

C&C appreciated! Thanks.
-Brandon

Flickr
My Gear

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Seems to have a yellow color caste! Is that a Gibson body, often used for jazz?

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • helloyo53helloyo53 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Seems to have a yellow color caste! Is that a Gibson body, often used for jazz?

Don

Yeah, the yellow cast was accidental. I used an incandescent light for it, and I forgot to change the WB. But I think it still turned out good.

I'm actually not too sure what it is. I just found it yesterday in my basement, and I showed my parents and they said that my uncle got it when he was 8, which was 40 years ago. It doesn't say anything on it as to what kind it is. Maybe you would know what it is? Here's a picture of the whole thing:
    2009_12200001.jpg

Thanks. :)
    -Brandon

Flickr
    My Gear
    edited December 21, 2009
    helloyo53 wrote:
    Yeah, the yellow cast was accidental. I used an incandescent light for it, and I forgot to change the WB. But I think it still turned out good.

I'm actually not too sure what it is. I just found it yesterday in my basement, and I showed my parents and they said that my uncle got it when he was 8, which was 40 years ago. It doesn't say anything on it as to what kind it is. Maybe you would know what it is? Here's a picture of the whole thing:
    2009_12200001.jpg

Thanks. :)
    No, but I know someone who should. I'll post if I get an answer!

WB may help some with the original!

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited December 21, 2009
    My brother-in-law who has a gazillion guitars and at one time work for a couple of luthier companies thinks it may be a Kent or other Japanese make.

Don
  • helloyo53helloyo53 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    I guess that would explain the "Made in Japan" thing on the back of the neck eh? I can't believe I missed that. :p
    DonRicklin wrote:
    My brother-in-law who has a gazillion guitars and at one time work for a couple of luthier companies thinks it may be a Kent or other Japanese make.

Don
    -Brandon

Flickr
    My Gear