Shopping cart ???

NwestrnrNwestrnr Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited December 21, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
First off Sorry if this has been asked a million times I can't find the answer it seems so I'll ask here.

When you upgrade to pro account and have the shopping cart at this point, do you have to upload full res images or do you have the option to fullfill the order then upload for print and delivery Digital Darkroom express does this and I love it as I only upload small res to view it works great this way for me as I don't have time to edit every shot from every event before hand. Any advice out here :scratch would be very appreciated.. Ed

Comments

• phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Nwestrnr wrote:
    First off Sorry if this has been asked a million times I can't find the answer it seems so I'll ask here.

When you upgrade to pro account and have the shopping cart at this point, do you have to upload full res images or do you have the option to fullfill the order then upload for print and delivery Digital Darkroom express does this and I love it as I only upload small res to view it works great this way for me as I don't have time to edit every shot from every event before hand. Any advice out here headscratch.gif would be very appreciated.. Ed

Hi,

You'll need to upload images at least the corresponding resolution for the largest print size you'd like to offer. Here's the chart: http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

If you upload a smaller image, our system will not allow the the order to be placed unfortunately.
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • NwestrnrNwestrnr Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Thanks Tristan,

So if I'm seeing this strait I would want to set it for "proof delay" and replace the ordered images with better copies if there not up to my standards ? So there is a way, also I'm hoping this will allow my own cropping as well as I usually do for specific customers and there requests .Thanks for your help Ed
  • phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Nwestrnr wrote:
    Thanks Tristan,

So if I'm seeing this strait I would want to set it for "proof delay" and replace the ordered images with better copies if there not up to my standards ? So there is a way, also I'm hoping this will allow my own cropping as well as I usually do for specific customers and there requests .Thanks for your help Ed

Yes, you could use the proof delay feature to do that. Regarding cropping, we have a nice crop tool built in, so you need not worry about replacing the images during the proofing delay with one formatted for the print size being ordered. Instead, use the crop tool to preview and adjust (if needed) the crop before sending the order to the lab. :)
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • NwestrnrNwestrnr Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    I appreciate your time Tristan and thanks again for your help bowdown.gif Regards......... Ed