Copyright and meta-data question.

MikaGrinMikaGrin Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
edited December 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi guys, is there a way to integrate and lock all the my meta-information into my photo files then like that nobody could manipulate the photo or change for example my copyright data?

I now than a good standard of meta-data is "IPTC", but i want to now is it possible in aperture for example to make those meta-data not editable for others (bad guys or stealer)?

Also, is there somewhere a supreme photography institution who protect our photograph copyright or/and meta-data internationally .

Thank you, Mika.
Mika: On Smugmug :thumb
Michael Bastia (MB) Photographie Web Site :lust

Comments

• FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,345 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    MikaGrin wrote:
    Hi guys, is there a way to integrate and lock all the my meta-information into my photo files then like that nobody could manipulate the photo or change for example my copyright data?

PDF's (Adobe)? That's not what you want, I suspect, but to do what you want you need some kind of encryption and rights management wrapper around it. So long as it is a fairly standard image format and not encrypted, someone can just take the image portion.

And note -- unless they have changed -- links to it from smugmug other than original strip your copyright when served up externally. I still say "shame" but they say "helps it run fast", at least last time I saw it discussed.