Options

Night walk in Office complex

ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
edited December 22, 2009 in Street and Documentary
I like to walk my dog around office complexes at night, no traffic, no stray dogs and some cool park like settings. I am in dire need of a tripod but these are the best of the shots I got. This is my first attempt at night photography.

744511331_C6KjP-M.jpg

744511314_WpRqf-M.jpg

744513004_9ndqR-M.jpg

The following two were taken through a glass entrance door.
744511268_tz8Uu-M.jpg

744511286_ZfyQP-M.jpg

Last one

744511249_yPmNK-M.jpg
Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.

Comments

• Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    I like to walk my dog around office complexes at night, no traffic, no stray dogs and some cool park like settings. I am in dire need of a tripod but these are the best of the shots I got. This is my first attempt at night photography.

Very cool. Much more in the art photography tradition than street photography. But very cool none the less. Tripod or not, you have a good eye. clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2009
    I am humbled at the praise...not often do I get compliments from a Pulitizer Prize winner. Thanks so much! I am really starting to look at the world more and more as if I was looking through my camera. It is pretty neat.

Once I get a tripod I plan to due more long exposure shots. I really want to expand on the theme of office bldgs after dark. The shadows and just the atmosphere is very intriguing and I want to shoot more of it.

I would like to practice more of a photojournalistic approach to my photos. Any suggestions as to how to get started? I am planning to start attending local events and maybe some soup kitchens and such. I love your concept of a Day in Your Life and your pics are amazing. What type of markets do you find for your photojournal work?

Thanks for your time and compliments.

Chaos
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2009
    My brother who takes AMAZING pics for his company (www.mosscreek.net) just sent me an Amazon gift card. I got a .45x wide angle a 2.2x telefoto Opteka HD lenses and a 57 inch tripod for myself for Xmas.

Wait to see my night pics in a few weeks hehe....

clap.gif :ivar rolleyes1.gifwings.gif