Metal "Thinwrap" print ?'s

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited December 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am trying to make a sale to a Physician office that has been bemoaning the cost of framing - stating that they have to wait a while to budget the cost of the 30 or so shots they want to order from me due to the high cost of framing.

I showed them a sample of an 8x12 Metal thinwrap, explained that costwise they would save 40% and more depending upon the framing they were considering. Also stated that it was lighter weight, durable and not so fragile for the kids in the office that choose to push up on the bottom of the frames endangering them with broken glass, etc, etc, etc.

They seemed to like them but were wondering about the durability of the foam pad between the metal print and metal mount. They seemed worried that the adhesive after some time would go bad and that the metal print would fall off. Has this ever happened, I imagine the epoxy is extra strong and the pad seems fairly dense so I cannot imagine this happening, any thoughts, comments out there?

This would be a nice sale as they are wanting to order about 2 dozen 20x30's and a couple dozen 16x20's for their 3 physician office that they need to totally redecorate.

Thanks for the response.

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    VERY useful for an office environment - durable, long lasting. Their concerns are unfounded - I'd recommend these for this situation.
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Thanks Andy
    If for some reason they ordered one and the unthinkable happens and the backing becomes separated from the foam, is there any way (other than hot glue gunning it) to get this fixed from the print shop, just want to have an answer ready for their concern of "what if". Does the print shop warrenty the construction for a length of time?

Thanks again, and happy holidays to you.

Lee
    Lee Wiren
    edited December 23, 2009
    Wiren wrote:
    If for some reason they ordered one and the unthinkable happens and the backing becomes separated from the foam, is there any way (other than hot glue gunning it) to get this fixed from the print shop, just want to have an answer ready for their concern of "what if". Does the print shop warrenty the construction for a length of time?

Thanks again, and happy holidays to you.

Lee
    Sure if that every happened, you could send it back to the lab but it'd be far easier to use some glue on your own. It's not a tricky thing at all.
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Sure if that every happened, you could send it back to the lab but it'd be far easier to use some glue on your own. It's not a tricky thing at all.

From Wirin's other thread on this, he is talking about selling Metal Prints, not Thin Wraps, so there is no foam involved, correct?
    edited December 23, 2009
    From Wirin's other thread on this, he is talking about selling Metal Prints, not Thin Wraps, so there is no foam involved, correct?
    IT's about the mounting block on the back.

metalprint-back-2.jpg
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    IT's about the mounting block on the back.

metalprint-back-2.jpg

Ahhh....THAT foam.
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Thanks for the answer Andy, I have made my official quote and recomendation to the Physician and hope to hear back soon.

Sorry I wasn't specific there Jon, yes, it's that foam I was talking about. I don't really think I will do much with the "thin wraps" as the metal is more durable and man, do they look awesome! Very bright and the colors pop!

Take care all.

Lee
    Lee Wiren