Options

DSS #40 Juliet

Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited December 27, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's an image for the challenge I'm working on. Still need to do a shoot for the fluid coming out of the vial. What you guys/gals think? :B

747892765_dvHxW-L.jpg
Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
Dreamin' of a resolution!:D

Comments

• Options
    ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Interesting but I would put something on the vial that indicates poison, to me it looks like an amazing shot for a perfume ad. Great photo though, just not clear what it is without you saying Juliet.
    Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
    I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2009
    Interesting but I would put something on the vial that indicates poison, to me it looks like an amazing shot for a perfume ad. Great photo though, just not clear what it is without you saying Juliet.

I see what your saying, but I don't exactly want to put poison as a label either, because Juliet did wake up from it. But a good point. I'm gonna have to ponder that and see what I can do there. Thanks. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2009
    No problem..

Can you give me some feedback on my post in for Challenge 40? I would appreciate it. I am having a hard time choosing which shot to use.

You could make the liquid an off color like black or green instead of the golden color it is. Anything like that would indicate poison.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Lovely photo, but a couple of nits:

- she looks like she's floating rather than on the floor (did you by any chance shoot t his standing up with a fan on her hair rather than lying down?)

- I'm not sure about the disembodied hand

- as others have mentioned, the mood is that of a (lovely) perfume ad rather than Tragedy in Verona. The High Key lighting doesn't speak tragedy to me in this case either.

As a HK shot it's gorgeous, I think you've made a good start here, but it needs to go a little further. Keep at it! :D
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Lovely photo, but a couple of nits:

- she looks like she's floating rather than on the floor (did you by any chance shoot t his standing up with a fan on her hair rather than lying down?)

- I'm not sure about the disembodied hand

- as others have mentioned, the mood is that of a (lovely) perfume ad rather than Tragedy in Verona. The High Key lighting doesn't speak tragedy to me in this case either.

As a HK shot it's gorgeous, I think you've made a good start here, but it needs to go a little further. Keep at it! :D

+1
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    +1

+1 from me, too.

It looks like a fabulous holiday frangrance ad. i don't get a sense of tragedy, except for the cork. The cork makes me think it capped a potion.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2009
    +1 from me, too.

It looks like a fabulous holiday frangrance ad. i don't get a sense of tragedy, except for the cork. The cork makes me think it capped a potion.

Chris

Alritey, i'll get revamping things hopefully tonite. thanks all! :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2009
    Ok, here's my second go round for Juliet. Hope this one's better. :D

748647595_bDCyo-L.jpg
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2009
    I suggest keeping the backrgound a bit lighter so we can see the bottle and maybe less flowers. I think the fowers or at least the flowers you picked give it that advertising perfume look. I would pick maybe black roses or something along those lines.

I think too with the darker background she looks too pale now and it pulls away from the bottle.

Good choice of color on the liquid in the bottle though!
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    I like the second version better.

I think that the left background is just a bit too dark. You cloned the flowers nicely, except that the shadows don't match up. They go in too many directions.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    The first word out of my mouth was "WOW!"
    Love the new version better though.
    I've been looking at it more closely in the gallery and I feel the lighting is a little flat on your model's back.
    Having said that...I LOVE the idea and wish it were mine lol.
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Options
    edited December 27, 2009
    MrsCue wrote:
    The first word out of my mouth was "WOW!"
    Love the new version better though.
    I've been looking at it more closely in the gallery and I feel the lighting is a little flat on your model's back.
    Having said that...I LOVE the idea and wish it were mine lol.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Although I didn't change anything, it was only because of lack of time. The shadows on the flowers and the lighting of the model bugged me also, but I'm submitting as is for now so that I don't miss the deadline. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner