My first post... scenery shot of Great Smoky Mtns :)

stephmcstephmc Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited December 24, 2009 in Landscapes
I am a newbie and have no idea what I am doing at this point, but wanted to share pictures from my front porch. Next to you professionals, I am slightly embarrassed to even think I can compare (and I know I don't come close), but I was pleased with them. I would be more pleased with the power lines being gone!

snow025watermark.jpg

snow020watermark.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Welcome to Dgrin and please don't feel embarrassed about posting! We all started at one point and learned so much from each other. :) I think it's safe to say that you have a beautiful front porch and holy moly, color me jealous. :D Great capture on the cool winter colors and the wispy clouds.

Hope to see lots more from you! We have a few regulars here who shoot the Smokies and you can do a LOT worse in terms of location. thumb.gif
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Hi, I really like the soft colours in #2.

Just remember - (IMHO) - we primarily take photographs to please ourselves - if others like them as well - that's a bonus.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin! clap.gif

Great shots by the way! It's nice to see the Smoky Mountains in winter. They are one of my favorite places to visit.
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Welcome to the forum! Great shots!!! I love the Smokies - these are a beautiful capture. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • budman101budman101 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    That's your front porch? Wow lucky you. Now all you have to do is get the utility company to bury the power lines and there is a great subject for a 4 season shoot.....
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"