Not All Ferraris Are Red

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited December 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This selection of Ferraris is part of a larger display of Italian exotics....all painted in the color " Fly Yellow ". This was a special class staged at the Amelia Island Concours De' Elegance. There were a couple of beautiful Maseratis also in the grouping. A couple of these I've shown before but they deserve to be seen again, along with the others.

A stunning Dino. Conceived by Ferrari, but actually manufactured by Fiat. It didn't have the name Ferrari anywhere on it. In more recent times, it has finally won the blessing of the Ferrari crowd. When I bought my 308 GTB, I almost bought a Dino instead. I wish I had.

748449054_fadRW-XL.jpg

748448954_228Eh-XL.jpg

This beautiful 330 TC is owned, and was shown, by Wayne Carini. He's the guy who has the TV show called " Chasing Classic Cars ".

748449268_aHLHT-XL.jpg

748449151_A66bi-XL.jpg

As good as they come, this glorious 275 GTB won the " Best of Show " among this elite gathering of yellow wonders.

748448761_f5oxC-XL.jpg

748448843_WeY4w-XL.jpg

Bill Warner, founder of this event, has his own car there for show only...he didn't enter it into the judging. It's a stunner as well.

748448539_BTwNn-XL.jpg

748448674_VTrXo-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    Thank you for sharing.

I saw those on an episode of "Chasing Classic Cars" on HD Network a couple of weeks ago. Too cool that you were there.
    Duke
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    The cars are gorgeous, and thanks for sharing your pictures…

…but when all is said and done, given a choice I think I prefer red…

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Beautiful!!

My favorite Ferrari is still the early 308 GTS with the small bumpers. Great shots, Tom! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Hey Duke,

I wanted to catch Wayne Carini alone to chat a little but he was always surrounded by folks. I saw his Amelia Island show recently also. Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited December 24, 2009
    Hi Wil,

Yea, it's hard not to go with red when you're talking Ferrari. Mine was black with red leather....pretty striking itself.

Take care,

Tom
    edited December 24, 2009
    Yo Lee,

Well, our tastes run together. My 308 GTB was, of course, the Berlinetta version and you prefered the targa-top " S ". Mine was black with red. It was an early '77 production with the fiberglass body. It had the 4 Weber carbs and being a " grey market " car, it had the European induction set-up that made more power than the US version. I'll tell you....keeping those 4 carbs in sync was a real trick.

It had 7,000 miles on it when I bought it from a partner of mine and I put close to 17,000 miles on it over the 3 years I drove it. I sold it when the 24,000 mile service was coming due.....which at that time ( late 1980 ) was going to cost around 2,000 dollars. YIPES!!! It was, and still is, the most beautiful car I've ever owned.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Morning Tom,

Merry Christmas!!!

WOW, that Yellow really POPs on the Page.

Just stunning cars and works of art themselves, the craftsmanship on

those I'll bet is unbelievable.

Thanks for Sharing these.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas