Options

new video card, now what?

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited December 26, 2009 in Finishing School
My computer guy installed a new stand alone video card to speed up my work. The color is a bit loud, with too much orange. I have a Huey calibrater but I think needs to used after I adjust the colors on the control panel of my NVIDIA video card. Any suggestions are welcome !
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2009
    I've never used a Huey, so my advice may be off--but--the calibration tools I've used in the past require you to set the monitor at factory defaults. It that looks too orange, calibration and subsequent profile should correct those issues.

I'd also do research on whether your new card is supposed to be noisy. Some are not, and the noise may be an indicator of a bad card. The orange may be too, come to think of it.

What is your new card, BTW?

M
  • Options
    EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    dnload the latest dirver from invidia, (depending on model , the card you have) Once installed , go to control panel click on the invidia icon and setup all the settings to which you want, from there..
    I am using windows-7 but it should not be any different , with xp or what ever os u are using.
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu