My tuk tuk drivers in Cambodia...

bnlearlebnlearle Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited December 24, 2009 in People
I LOVE these guys. I just got back from leading a photography tour over in Thailand and Cambodia and these guys were our tuk tuk drivers while in Siem Reap. I've been every year for the last three years and have become quite close with all of them.

These are some of the greatest people you could ever meet.
tuktukcopy.jpg
I've got more photos (and info about these guys) on the blog, if you're interested :)

Bobby

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    bnlearle wrote:
    Bottom line? Life isn't about how much money you make. It isn't about having the nicest bathroom with a beautiful, elaborate sink. It isn't about a fancy car (or even owning a car). It has nothing to do with starbucks or iphones. It's about connection -- with humanity and with nature. My Cambodian friends have figured this out. I feel so fortunate to be reminded of this more and more with each visit to Cambodia.
    Bobby

That's what I love most about traveling to that part of the world ... it brings you down to reality again and you cherish the simple things in life ...

Very nice portraits. Hope you'll share some more photos from your trip (loved the ones on your blog btw! Looks like you had a trip of a lifetime!!) iloveyou.gif