Abstract Christmas Lights

thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited December 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
An abstract look at two large trees decked out in red and green Christmas lights.

748711171_kmmpM-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 24, 2009
    That's very cool. thumb.gif It looks a bit like some of the pics one sees of physics experiments in particle accelerators. Then again, maybe it's just a tree. lol3.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Looks like fiber optic lights. I like how it came out with the green and red separated.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    I tried that but didn't have nearly the success you did. I really like this type of abstract and you got a great capture--just the right amount of zoom, IMO, and perfect colors and lighting. Well done!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I tried that but didn't have nearly the success you did. I really like this type of abstract and you got a great capture--just the right amount of zoom, IMO, and perfect colors and lighting. Well done!

Thanks. Really just trial and error. I did several zoom in and zoom out. Also played with aperture to increase the exposure time.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    I understand on the trial & error--I do a lot of that. Interestingly, I use Shutter mode when I do these and usually use 1sec or so. Maybe I should try Ap mode instead.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com