Options

Locket sized images at SmugMug?

photosbylesphotosbyles Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 24, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but have been a smugger for years. I don't know where else to ask this or post this question.

for the third or fourth time, I've been asked by friends to produce images that are necklace locket sized... about 3/4 x 1" dimensions. I primarily use either lightroom or PSCs3. Is there a way for me to get prints this small printed by my heroes at smugmug?

my images are currently posted at photosbyles in my holidays folder and the gallery is Claire. I have sized the last 4 images in the gallery at 300x199 pixels or 1 inch on the long side.

thanks in advance, and i'll jump in and start reading what looks like a really great forum!

les

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but have been a smugger for years. I don't know where else to ask this or post this question.

for the third or fourth time, I've been asked by friends to produce images that are necklace locket sized... about 3/4 x 1" dimensions. I primarily use either lightroom or PSCs3. Is there a way for me to get prints this small printed by my heroes at smugmug?

my images are currently posted at photosbyles in my holidays folder and the gallery is Claire. I have sized the last 4 images in the gallery at 300x199 pixels or 1 inch on the long side.

thanks in advance, and i'll jump in and start reading what looks like a really great forum!

les

Why not just create a 4x6 shaped file in photoshop and insert the locket sized image somewhere in the middle of that page. Save it as JPG and upload to smugmug. Then you can get a print of that and just cut out the picture from the 4x6. I realize it is a workaround, but I don't see many printing companies offering that small size of prints.

You could even do 10 of them on a single 4x6 sheet and give to your friends.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 24, 2009
    Rhuarc wrote:

Great idea!!thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    Here's what I've done in the past- order a 4x6 print of the image you want, and then use the tiny proof sheet image that comes with every order!

Caroline
  • Options
    photosbylesphotosbyles Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 24, 2009
    Thanks Rhuarc!
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Why not just create a 4x6 shaped file in photoshop and insert the locket sized image somewhere in the middle of that page. Save it as JPG and upload to smugmug. Then you can get a print of that and just cut out the picture from the 4x6. I realize it is a workaround, but I don't see many printing companies offering that small size of prints.

that is exactly what I was looking for, and thanks for the photoshop memory jog :D

les

ps -- I know you from some other forum, possibly mac or harley related. hope you have a great holiday!