Options

Disneyland shot from today

BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited June 4, 2004 in Finishing School
I made this, then saw a link Andy posted about a way to colorize a shot, I will have to retry this. But here is attempt 1, what do you think?

4810482-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    What I think of Disneyland post
    It feels cramped to me, too tight. The boy has nowhere to look into, since he is looking off to my left, I feel like he needs some room to look.

It is just the composition that bothers me, and I often shoot very tight, but I kind of think that is too tight. That is a total amateur's opinion.

And I also expected the mouse...........disneyland, color, ok I could live without color, but something that says emotion about something.

Ok, I will cut and run now.
    g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2004
    Interesting... Here is the original, not as tight as the crop, but I wanted to lose that green bar (Silly ride in CA Adventure's Bugs Land) He expression is what drew me. He was listening to the ride operator, Thinking, "enough already, let's go!" Humm, When I re try it, I will play with the crop a bit more... Thanks!

4811180-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2004
    Attempt #2
    Ok, this try is using the Lumonisity Coloring that Andy had linked to and Cropped a little different like Ginger was saying, (but after looking at it longer, I took too much off the back of his head, I think).

I like it better, but I wonder if the bright on his cheek is to bright. (I took all the green out of the shot when converting it to B/W which toned the bar way down)

Any better?

4812059-L.jpg

The learning curve is steap eek7.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    nod.gif Yes, much better. Knowhatcha mean about the learning curve.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    re Disneyland.
    I like that better. I also like the light on his cheek, that may just be me.
    All total, I think it does a much better job of that look kids give. I can see it now. Memories. Good picture save. Yes, that green bar was a bit much.
    g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.