Tasmania

Merry Christmas!

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 25, 2009
    Nice light. I wish the sky had a little more color, but wishing doesn't help, I guess. :D
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2009
    One could change the color of the sky, or enhance it. I grabbed a copy of this shot, and imported it into LR, and then edited it in NIC VIVESA. I spent less than 5 min. on it, and added a little blue to the sky, added some contrast to the clouds, and brightened up the white of the buildings, by using control points. Here is what I did, and if you object, just give the word and I'll remove it. Remember the amount of time spent on this, I'm sure others could do a much better job than I did.

749513206_TEtZi-L.jpg

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Thanks for looking and your interesting comments, R and Gary. The complements of the Season to you both!

R, you wished and you got your wish! I tinted the sky a little rose, and brightened the rest of the image to match. Yes, the light, and something about the feel of the image, attracted me to it.

Gary, I don't mind at all seeing your ideas! I do have Viveza, and find it very good for some things. However, I don't think it can be successfully used with large detail-free areas like the sky - the effect is not even enough.

I used PhaseOne CaptureOne5 to convert this image, my first try of CO5. I think the tiff it produced was more vivid and crisp than what I get with DPP. I also upresed it in RAW to, I think, 12" height, the first time that I have done such a thing. It could be preferable to upresing at the end of PP in terms of quality.

I took it into PS and did a little tonal development work, and into Nik ColorEfex, but perhaps the most telling work on it was in onOne PhotoTools, where I used a sunset, a 'kick', and a red filter.

Neil

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Hi Neil...... I like your picture......The soft light and the cloud behind the lighthouse makes for well done well composed shot.....:D azzaro
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Neil...... I like your picture......The soft light and the cloud behind the lighthouse makes for well done well composed shot.....:D azzaro

Kind of you to look in, Azzaro. Thanks for the positive feedback!

Neil