Roll one up.

Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
edited December 27, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
....get your mind outta the gutter!!! I mean a garage door!! Taken during a relaxing walk around downtown Portland. Do you guys like this? C&C greatly appreciated as always!!!

:thumb

Comments

• invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2009
    There's a long list of things I love about this one --subject, rust, warm light, symmetry subtly broken, etc. However, the subject is a bit too centred for my personal taste. That being said, I don't know what was to the left and right of this door, and even if I did I'm not sure how I would've made this one better myself.

Just my 2 cents.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2009
    I understand about everything being centered. I wasn't really sure about it but couldn't figure a practical way to frame it otherwise that would look nice given what surrounded it. Thank you for your comments!!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Windows...doors ... those are fun to take photos of :D

I don't have a problem with it being centered. Some things work well centered and for me this one works well that way. That's my opinion tho.

Your photo has a lot of texture and lines to it. That I really like. If it were my photo I'd give a little more space on the sides. Just a tad more, but again that is just what I'd do. As is...it works too.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Ditto for me--the centering is fine with this type of shot, IMO. Some things work and this one does. It might work off-center also, depending on what's there. If it's near you it might be worth a few more captures. The color, texture, etc.--everything that's been said already--make it an appealing image!
    thumb.gif

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Thanks for the comments dogdots and redleash!! bowdown.gif