Un-white Xmas

CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited December 30, 2009 in Landscapes
White Xmas is a beautiful image, but I'm certainly not envious of folks in the East who are getting way too much of the white stuff this time. For those of us in SoCal who are not rushing around for that last-minute shopping madness would enjoy this colorful Xmas eve. Happy holidays.

749120683_vestj-XL.jpg

749120813_GkBCJ-XL.jpg

Cuong
"She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Not much to say here but bowdown.gif

Just gorgeous. Is this the view our of your back yard? If so, jealous!
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Not much to say here but bowdown.gif

Just gorgeous. Is this the view our of your back yard? If so, jealous!
    Thanks, Schmoo. Actually, this is about a mile up the street from my place. Just wish I could hang out there more often.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 29, 2009
    Great sunset, Cuong! It's hard to choose between the two perspectives as they're both really nice. Say, is that somebody's home up there in the 1st shot? Come to think of it, if you're only a mile from this spot, you must live in the mountains as well. True? ear.gif
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Wow! Breath taking! :jawdrop
    edited December 29, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Great sunset, Cuong! It's hard to choose between the two perspectives as they're both really nice. Say, is that somebody's home up there in the 1st shot? Come to think of it, if you're only a mile from this spot, you must live in the mountains as well. True? ear.gif
    Thanks, Joel. That sure is somebody's house. I'm a mile from that area since I couldn't afford such a hilltop house with a spectacular view. My neighborhood is hilly (800-1200 ft) so there are quite a few locations with decent views. For these particular photos, I was at this location (33.959150,-117.900820) looking southwest towards the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Interestingly, I've been there numerous times, but this is the 1st time I tried the 2nd perspective.

Cuong
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Very nice. I do like the first one over the second. Something about the house with palm trees that really adds to the LA feel.
    edited December 29, 2009
    Ridgetop wrote:
    Very nice. I do like the first one over the second. Something about the house with palm trees that really adds to the LA feel.
    Thanks. I'm with you on this one. The cold wind drove me to a more sheltered spot, which led to the 2nd perspective.

Here's a close-up one of the hilltop houses more lit up from earlier this year. It's cool to see the lights below reflected on the glass fences.
    466747893_o23Jw-XL.jpg

Cuong
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Cuong wrote:
    Here's a close-up one of the hilltop houses more lit up from earlier this year. It's cool to see the lights below reflected on the glass fences.
    466747893_o23Jw-S.jpg

OK, I do have to admit at this point that I do occasionally indulge in bad reality shows like Million Dollar Listings and Housewives of OC and I have to say... I really cannot imagine what it must be like to live in a house like that. eek7.gif
    edited December 30, 2009
    It must be really boring having that same panoramic view everyday; not!

Cuong