Rented a studio...

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited December 26, 2009 in People
Trying out "LensProToGo" studios in Concord, MA and my niece and a friend of hers were kind enough to be my models for a couple of hours. Here's a sample shot of my niece's friend. C&C welcome.

750133891_uPZCg-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Nice lighting, and great exposure.

Gorgeous girl! Nice job!

I'm not sure what the intention was; perhaps just to add to her portfolio, or just to get a feel for different lighting. So did you take any others? …and can we see them? (please… :D )

Great skin tones; almost like a clean palette, she needs to be draped with jewellery or accessories.

I don't know about the landscape format - I think I'd go portrait for the max signal to noise, but there's lots of space for copy as you have it.

Straight-on view gives her shoulders a slightly uneven look; I think I'd crop to just above the straps.

thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW - Was that straight out of the camera, or after tweaks?
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Nice lighting, and great exposure.

Gorgeous girl! Nice job!

I'm not sure what the intention was; perhaps just to add to her portfolio, or just to get a feel for different lighting. So did you take any others? …and can we see them? (please… :D )

Great skin tones; almost like a clean palette, she needs to be draped with jewellery or accessories.

I don't know about the landscape format - I think I'd go portrait for the max signal to noise, but there's lots of space for copy as you have it.

Straight-on view gives her shoulders a slightly uneven look; I think I'd crop to just above the straps.

thumb.gif

- Wil

BTW - Was that straight out of the camera, or after tweaks?

Hey Wil. Thanks for the kind words. The primary purpose was for me to run through all of the lighting equipment that Paul has in his studio and while testing get some shots that I had envisioned prior to and do some specific PP on them. This shot has had some slight adjusting (sharpening since I shoot only in RAW, skin softening and lighting adjustment). I haven't cropped it yet. During our test session I took about 300 shots of the two young ladies. I'll post a few more in a bit.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing some of the others.

…I just checked out their site, and looks v. impressive with pretty reasonable rates. I'm just north of the NH line, so it's almost in my back yard.

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited December 26, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing some of the others.

…I just checked out their site, and looks v. impressive with pretty reasonable rates. I'm just north of the NH line, so it's almost in my back yard.

thumb.gif

- Wil

They are a great resource. Scott Kelby actually mentions them in one of his latest books. Paul, the owner, is a great guy. Just tell him Randy sent you.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Naaaagh, wish they would be closer to me :cry Still looking for a cheap place that offers all the lights and stuff :cry

Very jealous, you did a good job with the lights in this shot. The girls itself is VERY pretty, just wish it wouldn't be such a straight forward shot. Do you have any more from that shoot? :Diloveyou.gif
    edited December 26, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Naaaagh, wish they would be closer to me :cry Still looking for a cheap place that offers all the lights and stuff :cry

Very jealous, you did a good job with the lights in this shot. The girls itself is VERY pretty, just wish it wouldn't be such a straight forward shot. Do you have any more from that shoot? :Diloveyou.gif

Hi Angie...I do have more from the shoot from differing angels and outfilts. I'll be posting more soon....this was just the first one out of the batch.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited December 26, 2009
    kimsang wrote:
    It's very nice,look at the pic I thought she were out life.Thank you for sharing us. iloveyou.gif Kepp going on you will be famous

Thank you kimsang.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com