Nikon D1X ?

basicblackbasicblack Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited December 27, 2009 in Cameras
If this is not in the right forum please redirect. My question...I have a chance to pick up a Nikon D1X in excellent condition from the original owner who is a pro photographer, asking $150.00 to me. Is it worth it?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited December 27, 2009
    The Nikon D1x is an older professional body (introduced in 2001). It does not have much resolution by todays standards (5 MPix), but it will do a fine 8" x 10"/8" x 12" for many subjects. It's also fairly poor for high-ISO work. It's also very heavy because it's built to professional standards.

It was a killer camera in it's day, but it's just getting on in the years. Be sure you know the approximate cycles on the shutter/mirror box. If the camera fails due to a high number of actuations, it's probably not worth the cost of repairs.

If you need it and it works to your requirements it could still be a nice camera to have.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • basicblackbasicblack Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    The Nikon D1x is an older professional body (introduced in 2001). It does not have much resolution by todays standards (5 MPix), but it will do a fine 8" x 10"/8" x 12" for many subjects. It's also fairly poor for high-ISO work. It's also very heavy because it's built to professional standards.

It was a killer camera in it's day, but it's just getting on in the years. Be sure you know the approximate cycles on the shutter/mirror box. If the camera fails due to a high number of actuations, it's probably not worth the cost of repairs.

If you need it and it works to your requirements it could still be a nice camera to have.

Thank you so much Ziggy I'm not much on the older cameras....may let it pass as I know it was used heavily.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    If you pass, is the person still going to let it go for $150? Let them know there is someone who might consider it.
  • basicblackbasicblack Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    If you pass, is the person still going to let it go for $150? Let them know there is someone who might consider it.

I'll sure let you know if he offers it for that to anyone else. I have found out its body is in rough condition and it has some problems viewing what you've shot. No USB cable, no manual and was shot for 5 years with a lot of clicks.