Pavement curves

BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited July 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Saturday I was filing in time.
I happened to look down.

29546133-M.jpg
B&W seemed to accentuate the curves.

The picture seemed a bit empty.
Setting this up I got a few strange looks.

29546132-M.jpg
"I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
- W. Somerset Maugham

Comments

• aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    I like the one with the shoe. It definately captures curves...but it seems like there is still something missing... can't put my finger on it.
  • DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    I like the black and white
    I like the black and white one but it doesn't seem as sharp as the colored one. Dawn29546133-M.jpg
    B&W seemed to accentuate the curves.

The picture seemed a bit empty.
    Setting this up I got a few strange looks.

29546132-M.jpg[/QUOTE]
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 24, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    I like the one with the shoe. It definately captures curves...but it seems like there is still something missing... can't put my finger on it.

Is it possible to shoot this pavement lit by the late afternoon sun or the very early morning sun? Or even a pair of strobes from a very low level? The lighting in the photo seems kind of flat to me, but the curves have potential I agree.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Is this any better
    Dawn,

I see what you mean.
    This one is sharper, any better?
    29624966-M.jpg
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they dislike: it was a wise man, and it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed"
    - W. Somerset Maugham
  • BrianLowtherBrianLowther Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2005
    Unfortunately time is not on my side
    pathfinder wrote:
    Is it possible to shoot this pavement lit by the late afternoon sun or the very early morning sun? Or even a pair of strobes from a very low level? The lighting in the photo seems kind of flat to me, but the curves have potential I agree.
    I am caught up at work and don't have time to reshoot.
    I will try again but I can't fit in the Challenge time period :cry
    - W. Somerset Maugham