Options

#40 Cyber Tragedy: Feedback Requested Please

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
edited December 27, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sorry for the lateness...

I'm sure everyone else has been as busy as I've been the past week with last minute Christmas shopping, cooking, & visiting with relatives and such. I had all that plus a number of small things that added to the stress of the holiday--electrical problems in my daughter's bedroom, our home network that refused to recognize (consistently) one of the computers, and the biggie...a virus that killed my daughter's computer. We had to have the hard drive wiped clean & then reload all the software & her files. Argh. She was without her computer for several days while I tried to repair the damage. Sheesh.

Anyway, before we fixed the computer I snapped a few images of her "windows screen of death" as a computer tech called it. "Cyber Tragedy" the only idea I managed to get for the theme with the scarce amount of time I scraped together. I could use some feedback.

1. Color version. I really don't like the green, but this is what it looked like. Ugly in so many ways, lol.
751104532_WHKNv-M.jpg

2. Black & White version #1. Had to get away from that green, lol.
751105147_BvMa6-M.jpg

3. Black & White version #2
751108624_FPtDS-M.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated. Since I've fixed the computer now, a reshoot is not possible even if I had time.

Thanks,
Sherry

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    I don't know. I kinda like the green.
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2009
    Well, it's getting late in the challenge, and I don't know if you'll get this do anything about it.

I don't think a screen shot is a strong image for a challenge.
    If you could have gotten a shot of the screen with someone pounding their fist on an old keyboard,
    or maybe the look of terror in their eyes while looking at the screen, a tear running down their cheek, etc.

I think you need a human element to go with the techno element.
    What would the Terminator be without Sarah Connor? Just a machine.

Sorry to hear about the computer, viruses are a pain.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.