The Pittock Mansion

Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
edited December 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This has been in my back yard for almost 3 years and this is the first time I've been by it. I didn't spend much time and everything I shot was hand held. We were on a short hike and decided to go up past the mansion. It wasn't incredibly busy but I'll surely be back when there is no one there and the sky is a little less gloomy. It's an incredibly beautiful place. I know these aren't great but I figured I'd share.

Also, a shame they had some repairs in process hence the caution tape and metal fencing. :rolleyes

As always, C&C greatly appreciated. :thumb

4220581971_6996591a90_o.jpg

4221343128_b8eba08b77_o.jpg

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    I was just there the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's a cool place to visit. We toured the inside as it was all decorated for Christmas. No flash allowed inside, and the lighting was quite poor, so I was disappointed with my indoor shots.
    I like your B&W version. It suits the subject well. thumb.gif The color one feels a bit dark and heavy/underexposed to me.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    I was just there the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's a cool place to visit. We toured the inside as it was all decorated for Christmas. No flash allowed inside, and the lighting was quite poor, so I was disappointed with my indoor shots.
    I like your B&W version. It suits the subject well. thumb.gif The color one feels a bit dark and heavy/underexposed to me.
    I was there in Dec. 08 and I had the same experience. Loved the place, but the light was not great for handheld flashless photography. I like your exterior shots, they do justice to this beautiful house.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr