Mt. Shuksan, wide view

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited December 29, 2009 in Landscapes
took my daughter and her boyfriend up to Mt. Baker to snowboard this afternoon, and found a decent view of Shuksan. the sun is too far south this time of year for good light.. the "Picture Lake" north face of the mountain is in constant shadow all day... but i managed some decent shots nonetheless. this is a multi-frame stitch - the original image is 7430x3715, and should make a nice 12x24 print... 5D, 24-135 @ 118mm, 1/15 @ f/11...

shuksan4lg2-1ratiosm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Sooo beautiful and looks like you had some perfect weather there. Is anyone nuts enough to snowboard up there? lol3.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Sooo beautiful and looks like you had some perfect weather there. Is anyone nuts enough to snowboard up there? lol3.gif

there aren't any ski runs on Mt. Shuksan itself - it's too steep and dangerous - but there are 4 lifts and a variety of runs out of the photo to the right... ;)
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    What a view Rocky and what a great place to snowboard. You did very well with this one!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95