Christmas Day Sunset

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited December 29, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are a few I took at sunset on Christmas Day near my parent's house in Cheshire, my excuse was I needed a walk to work off the Christmas dinner.

C&C always appreciated.

#1 Across the rooftops
751652249_TCc8p-L.jpg

#2 Reflected on the other side of the valley
751636943_gkJfq-L.jpg

The next ones are all looking out over Lyme Park, the local National Trust property.
751638096_tmxqv-L.jpg

#4 Three shot Pano
751640420_RHqpV-XL.jpg

#5 SOOC
751635922_E9Ba4-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    I love the shot across the valley, even if it appears a smidge... tilted? The snow-covered hills and the house lights like that just exude wintertime coziness. thumb.gif
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I love the shot across the valley, even if it appears a smidge... tilted? The snow-covered hills and the house lights like that just exude wintertime coziness. thumb.gif
    Thanks Schmoo, the apparent tilt is caused by the houses being built around a bulge in the side of the valley wall. I did try to straighten it but then another area looked off kilter. I hate to break it to you but the lights in the windows are actually the reflection of the sun which had just hit those houses, I came back after dark and you couldn't see any house lights.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams