what is yummier than this....

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited December 30, 2009 in People
.......hershey's chocolate kiss???

751668157_66cqw-L.jpg

MY NEW LENS of course! :lust :lust :lust Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 Micro AF-S

ooooooh I love it! Haven't played with it too much yet but I'll be posting more when I do!

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Sweet :D
    Love the bangs...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Great lens, enjoy the sharp pics you will be takingclap.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Awww. Precious!!!!!!!! I love this cute shot :D Hey, tell me more about the 60mm 2.8 lens? What would be the main diff b/w this and say your 50 1.8? Obviously 10 mm but you know what I mean---isn't it basically the same? Fixed, relatively same distance? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm sure you've had time to play with it and this is a GORGEOUS shot! clap.gif
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    She is adorable. Very cute shot.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Andrew-I'm still up in the air about the bangs, but I do like that it's out of her face more. I straightened her hair on christmas with my (new!) hair straightener, I miss her curly long hair though!!

dadwtwins-Oh I am!!

rhondavid-thank you for the comment!

kidzmom- yeah the distance isn't much different but it's a macro lens, and also the clarity and sharpness of it is incredible- *see below

Just goofing off this morning at breakfast. Why do I take pictures of her while she is eating?!? Anyway I know i'm going to love this lens!

752372776_KzZ88-L.jpg

752373249_WwwUh-L.jpg
  • burntpixelburntpixel Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    .......hershey's chocolate kiss???
    MY NEW LENS of course! iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 Micro AF-S

ooooooh I love it! Haven't played with it too much yet but I'll be posting more when I do!
    Very cute model and very nice shot.

Would you mind sharing your lighting and camera settings?
    By the looks of the catch light it appears to be on or near camera (one of your SB600"s?)

I'm interested to see how you have her properly exposed without washing out the Christmas tree lights?

Thanks.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    very cute mellissa! merry christmas and don't forget to update your siggy!clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Perfect catch!

Sam
    edited December 29, 2009
    burntpixel- A few feet away from the tree, sb600 w/ umbrella high left. Shot with the new lens wide open, shutter speed 1/40 ISO 400. I think I had the flash powered down about two stops, I don't remember exactly? hope that helps!

qarik- done. and merry christmas to you too! Santa bring you anything good? Or did he just come early for ya with the d700?

Thanks Sam!
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Too cute. I especially like those apple pictures. Now you have me wanting that lens! I don't have a macro yet.
    edited December 29, 2009
    Wow, Melissa.. your ss was 1/40?! You have one STILL daughter! :) I'm needing about 1/200 for my kids! I need a macro now too! FUN! Thanks for sharing those last shots.. CUTE!
    lilmomma wrote:
    burntpixel- A few feet away from the tree, sb600 w/ umbrella high left. Shot with the new lens wide open, shutter speed 1/40 ISO 400. I think I had the flash powered down about two stops, I don't remember exactly? hope that helps!

qarik- done. and merry christmas to you too! Santa bring you anything good? Or did he just come early for ya with the d700?

Thanks Sam!
    edited December 29, 2009
    kidzmom- Heck no she isn't that still! no way could I do that with natural light. You'd be surprised at how slow you can go with a flash. the flash makes the slower shutter speeds possible. 1/40 is pushing it though, but it lets more of the ambient light from the tree in. If she was jumping around like usual it wouldn't have worked!

Thanks for the comment Met! It's definitely a great lens for the price!
    edited December 30, 2009
    Oh wow that is interesting about the flash helping the slow shutter. I have not delved into the world of flash yet. 99.99999% is natural light and so obviously we're talking shutters of 1/160 minimum...unless I have a sleeping baby on my hands, lol! Looks like a great new lens. Look forward to seeing it in action!