hbearhbear Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 30, 2009 in Street and Documentary
New to HDR...one of my early attempts.
Open to comments/suggestions.
Wenceslas Square, Prague, Czech Republic just after sunset
Canon 50D, 28-85mm at 28mm
3 Exposures at ISO100 f/11
1/6, 1/3, 0.6 sec.
Photomatix (can't remember the settings)
613340462_mHjt5-L-7.jpg

Comments

• Options
    thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    That is pretty good. I don't think it is too overdone (the street and the people on the street seem to have a slight blue cast, is this me?), but the sky and the building look great! Also I am impressed you could get three exposures out of it with all those people there moving around.
  • Options
    hbearhbear Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2009
    thomasjm wrote:
    That is pretty good. I don't think it is too overdone (the street and the people on the street seem to have a slight blue cast, is this me?), but the sky and the building look great! Also I am impressed you could get three exposures out of it with all those people there moving around.
    I think you're right...there is a blue cast. Looking back at the initial combining, I think I must have tweaked to darken the blue in the sky a bit more and didn't mask properly for the lower portion.

For the motion of the people, using auto-bracketing and 6 frames-per second, the total time start to finish is less than 1.3 sec...but examining the originals, it appears that Photomatix has taken most of the information from the moving elements (people) from the middle frame. Note the man in the yellow shirt in the 3 originals below.
    752758887_epwzX-S.jpg752759179_6js2U-S.jpg752759428_8B5VQ-S.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    HDR looks good- I don't mind the blue cast. But I think this photo desperately needs perspective correction.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    Tina ManleyTina Manley Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Here is a pseudo-HDR one that I just made by using virtual copies in LR:

120600476.jpg

With people moving in the photo, using one photo solves the problem of ghosting!

Tina
  • Options
    thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    hbear wrote:
    I think you're right...there is a blue cast. Looking back at the initial combining, I think I must have tweaked to darken the blue in the sky a bit more and didn't mask properly for the lower portion.

For the motion of the people, using auto-bracketing and 6 frames-per second, the total time start to finish is less than 1.3 sec...but examining the originals, it appears that Photomatix has taken most of the information from the moving elements (people) from the middle frame. Note the man in the yellow shirt in the 3 originals below.
    752758887_epwzX-S.jpg752759179_6js2U-S.jpg752759428_8B5VQ-S.jpg
    Well I think the program chose to have a strong blue for the clouds, which I like and I think it really strengthens the photos. But it also applied the blue to the people too. I think it looks good the way you originally posted it. And if you are happy with it then great! But if you want to try to correct it you can try to mask it off at like 50% or something in photoshop and use a gradient. I don't know I am just throwing out some suggestions.

Anyway, great photo.