Models on the Columbia+BTS video

JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited December 29, 2009 in People
Here's my set of images from the Columbia River, check out this link for the behind the scenes video:) Please let me know what ya think of the video/what you'd like to see in future ones! Also any comments or critique on these images would be greatly appreciated. This was the second day of me shooting a different style than my old way....trying to really slow down my process and nail the image.
Video-
http://jimmy-hickey.blogspot.com/2009/12/even-newer-video-on-location-on.html
748627329_3VoMY-L.jpg748627414_NaW7r-L.jpg
748625775_bR5bb-L.jpg
748626123_AijVk-L.jpg
748625248_A5Tjc-L.jpg
748627784_zEFFz-L.jpg
748628450_zhd23-L.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Interesting photos! clap.gif

My favorite would be #5 iloveyou.gif

They seem a bit soft to me, but that might just be because they're small ... other than that I really like them. I'd just take out the flare on the first girls face on #3 & while I kind of like #4, I'm not sure where you're going with it ...

Other than that clap.gif
  • JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, in regard to them being soft, they appear sharp on my monitor, but I have heard the occasional person say they seem a tad soft, although at full res they do appear soft. Not really sure how to go about fixing that. I'm sure it has something to do with the 2 stacked ND filters, I'll try adjusting it minorly in post and see how that works...thanks again:)
    Full res-
    http://jimmyhickey.smugmug.com/Other/Washington/3set-9/748628450_zhd23-O.jpg

edit:whoa I do see the softness there now...darn. Using liveview @ 10X zoom to focus, maybe was just a hair off...maybe I should focus and THEN put the filters/hood on. hahah that makes sense! Using the stop down filters the viewfinders way to dark to tell if the focus is right.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, in regard to them being soft, they appear sharp on my monitor, but I have heard the occasional person say they seem a tad soft, although at full res they do appear soft. Not really sure how to go about fixing that. I'm sure it has something to do with the 2 stacked ND filters, I'll try adjusting it minorly in post and see how that works...thanks again:)
    Full res-
    http://jimmyhickey.smugmug.com/Other/Washington/3set-9/748628450_zhd23-O.jpg

edit:whoa I do see the softness there now...darn. Using liveview @ 10X zoom to focus, maybe was just a hair off...maybe I should focus and THEN put the filters/hood on. hahah that makes sense! Using the stop down filters the viewfinders way to dark to tell if the focus is right.
    not sure what is causing it, but when you focus first, and then put the filters and hood on, be careful not to change the focus again. You also have a pretty thin DoF going on here.

I would have definitely expected better sharpness from a 24 1.4.