Bridge to nowhere HDR

PhotozzPhotozz Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited December 29, 2009 in Landscapes
Pretty neat bridge that was abandon in 1968 but still stands but is unsafe for travel.

752021308_tBfkq-XL.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Ok.... I am not giving you anymore locations unless I am going along too. deal.gif

Nice shot! How hard was it to find?
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • PhotozzPhotozz Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Ok.... I am not giving you anymore locations unless I am going along too. deal.gif

Nice shot! How hard was it to find?

Laughing.gif, it was pretty easy to find it, those uprights stand out like a sore thumb :D

This angle was about the best you could do though. The brush below was taller then me and I wasn't going to try and get down under the bridge. Decking on the bridge is wood with a coating of blacktop on it. At some point some idiots set fire to the far end and it looks to be weakened so use caution if walking on the bridge.
  • Tony BeachTony Beach Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2009
    I like it that the HDR processing is not obvious. There is some tilt in the perspective, and it might improve the photo to correct it.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Wow what a cool find!! bowdown.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 29, 2009
    Wow, that's crazy. eek7.gif Hadn't heard about this one. (Or maybe I did and forgot. headscratch.gif)

So are there actually roads to and from the bridge? What does it bridge, a wash?

The HDR worked well here because it allowed you to keep the sky from getting blown out. I don't see any tilt. However, the lower left of the picture is hot, especially on the cement part of the tower, and the grass in front of it.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • PhotozzPhotozz Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Yes its just a wash under the bridge, the river was diverted when they built a dam. There is a gravel road that goes to the bridge and on the other side it looked like it pretty much was a dead end into the farm fields.