New Orleans Part II

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited December 29, 2009 in Landscapes
Went back to my native New Orleans for a short Christmas holiday break, and spent one afternoon shooting around the French Quarter. Here are a few. Likes, dislikes and suggestions for imporovement are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

St. Louis Cathedral late afternoon
752078524_s9C2R-L.jpg

Piratte's Alley
752079758_E8rcg-L.jpg

Streetcar in motion
752076794_BUagE-L.jpg

Walking the Streets
752076474_oSHdY-L.jpg

Impromptu Street Performers

752077399_zdPsD-L.jpg

St. Louis Cathedral at last light
752077858_HgoUS-L.jpg

Shadow of the Statue on the back of the cathedral
752077445_TaVoA-L.jpg

A trip home is never complete without some charbroiled oysters at Drago's
752081632_v2YeX-L.jpg

752081481_sUHed-L.jpg

Took at detour through City Park to see the big oaks
752082028_rKzky-L.jpg

Kind of minimalist...
752077094_Zd2Mo-L.jpg

Finally the cathedral just after the sun went down and the purple glow appeared.
752077702_EQGZo-L.jpg

752077554_a52No-L.jpg

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Great Series
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Very nice series. Love the next to last one of Jackson Square in particular. Looks like you caught the sunset perfectly in that one. Lots of great photo ops there. I need to go back soon.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    rhondavid wrote:
    Very nice series. Love the next to last one of Jackson Square in particular. Looks like you caught the sunset perfectly in that one. Lots of great photo ops there. I need to go back soon.

Thanks, David. The second to last was the typical "I was packing up my gear to go home when the light suddenly changed" shot. It was a nice reflection of secondary light. The upside was that I was watching a street performer while my camera and telephoto were set on the tripod and I would fire off shots every few minutes while the sun was setting.
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Love them!!

The "Walking the Streets" looks as if the guys is a ghost and going through that wall - they say that NO is one of the most haunted places - sell that puppy!!!
    edited December 29, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    Love them!!

The "Walking the Streets" looks as if the guys is a ghost and going through that wall - they say that NO is one of the most haunted places - sell that puppy!!!

Thanks! I never thought of looking at the photo like that but it's an interesting perspective.
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Thanks! I never thought of looking at the photo like that but it's an interesting perspective.

It was the first thing that I noticed when looking at it - it is indeed splendid as they all are! Just had a look through your site as well clap.gif got some great ones in there!! Might help me snap out of my rut as I am seeing a lot of inspiration from looking through them.
    edited December 29, 2009
    brvheart wrote:
    It was the first thing that I noticed when looking at it - it is indeed splendid as they all are! Just had a look through your site as well clap.gif got some great ones in there!! Might help me snap out of my rut as I am seeing a lot of inspiration from looking through them.

Glad to inspire. By the same virtue, the streetcar could be seen as a ghost as well :D