Options

Gettin An Ear Full

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited December 31, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Cell phones are everywhere, including in the town that is to tough to die.

751248926_vKF2j-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    I like your play on this -- modern day cell phone and no paved road. Then you have a barrel with modern garbage cans in them. Wooden walkways and modern street lights in the road.

Where were ya rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like your play on this -- modern day cell phone and no paved road. Then you have a barrel with modern garbage cans in them. Wooden walkways and modern street lights in the road.

Where were ya rolleyes1.gif

Hi Mary Kim......Thanks for commenting.....:D I was at one of my favorite places....Tombstone AZ..... where there is a real Boot Hill with some interesting head stones..... Here lies Les Moore shot four times with a 44 no Les no Moore.....rolleyes1.gif And of course the OK Corral ....... azzaro
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary Kim......Thanks for commenting.....:D I was at one of my favorite places....Tombstone AZ..... where there is a real Boot Hill with some interesting head stones..... Here lies Les Moore shot four times with a 44 no Les no Moore.....rolleyes1.gif And of course the OK Corral ....... azzaro

Cool Azzaro -- I've never been there before. Did you get any photos of the headstones?
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Cool Azzaro -- I've never been there before. Did you get any photos of the headstones?

We didn't go to Boot Hill on this trip..... Maybe the next time.......azzaro
  • Options
    cube_zombiecube_zombie Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    lol..great pic..makes me think how comfortable my 78 year old dad looked using his first cell phone...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2009
    lol..great pic..makes me think how comfortable my 78 year old dad looked using his first cell phone...

Thanks for looking......I'm glad you like it..... You saw in the pic. what I saw...:D azzaro
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Hey Azzaro, thanks for a look at what Tombstone looks like. I had an uncle that was a deputy sheriff in Tombstone quite a few years ago. When he and his wife divorced, he moved back to PA.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2009
    BroPhoto wrote:
    Hey Azzaro, thanks for a look at what Tombstone looks like. I had an uncle that was a deputy sheriff in Tombstone quite a few years ago. When he and his wife divorced, he moved back to PA.

GaryB

Thanks for looking in and commenting........Being a sheriff in Tombstone a few years ago was probably a pretty good job...... That same job in the late 1800s would have been down right scary....:D azzaro
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Thanks for looking in and commenting........Being a sheriff in Tombstone a few years ago was probably a pretty good job...... That same job in the late 1800s would have been down right scary....:D azzaro

One can only imagine what it was like back then. rolleyes1.gif

I remember him telling me that he and his in-laws purchased an old silver mine, and worked it and hit a vane. They tried to sell it to the government, and they didn't want to pay much for it at that time, so he went to school and took up silver smithing. I never got to see anything that he produced, so to me it's just a story that he told the relatives back here in PA.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams