Young Mansion owner+bts video

JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited December 29, 2009 in People
Took these for a personal project, going to turn these in to my professors when the new quarter starts to show em what I shot over the break. Please help me decide which is the strongest of the set. I'm feeling number one, but would appreciate others opinions. All critique and comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks for looking:)
Behind the scenes video-
http://jimmy-hickey.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-video-on-location-at-mansion.html

1)
747807762_A7R6y-L.jpg
747813371_dJ8AS-L.jpg
747834055_fcoP7-L.jpg
747840763_eemh2-L.jpg
Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Go with #1, there's a lot to like. Seems a bit dark, but perhaps that is what you want there.

#2 doesn't work for me well. The torch isn't lit, so what's the point of it? Also the WalMart tiki-torch and mansion don't meld well together.

#3 the night vision goggles during the day don't work well together IMO.

#4 is nice but not all that interesting. The image feels tilted as well, which doesn't help.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Loooove 'em!! iloveyou.gif especially #1

If you're looking for a "strong pic" ...

#2: the source for fire would need to be something else ... more powerful + bigger
    #3: Both hands on his hips and he'd have to have HIS left leg straight, right now his left leg tells me that he's bored.
    #4: I'd have him cross his arms, .... also, I think a stronger vignette (especially on the grass) might help make this one stronger. Have you though about a different processing .... maybe something fun, so it looks like an old, scary castle in the background? (desaturate the colors a bit and see if you could make the clouds look more dramatic) OR you coudl have played a bit more with perspective, and taken his shot from the ground (you are on the ground / looking up at him)

An other fun idea would have been to have him sit on the same (or maybe a leather?) chair, with a big cigar + a glass of scotch .... hmmm, I'm having waaaaayyy to much fun (in my head) with your background & model, haha!!! iloveyou.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Ok, You are the one that really has to decide. That said, I am going agaist the herd.

While I think the idea of #1 is good I don't care for the execution.

I like #3 (Please note I can never pick which image will or has won a contest :D)

I hope you don't mind but I did a really fast, crud edit to give you an idea of what I see in #3.

Sam