Shelburne Harbor, NS__________IR

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited December 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

Another from Shelburne Harbor, Shelburne NS

702803888_AM3Xb-O.jpg

Thanks for looking, Shot with modded D70S.
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2009
    Howdy Craig

I love the colors in this one. For me the foreground doesn't work as well as the foreground in "At Anchor" though. I'm not sure if it's the size of the anchor or the fact that it's between the two boats. headscratch.gif

The more I go back and look at it though the less of a problem the anchor seems to be so take the above with a grain of salt. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I like both of your shots of this scene. I prefer this one because the boats are a little larger and I feel the anchor adds to the nautical " feel " . Your PP is spot on as well. Nice work.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 30, 2009
    Excellent comp, and wicked sky, Craig! Glad to see I'm not the only one with a dirty sensor. :giggle
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Howdy Craig

I love the colors in this one. For me the foreground doesn't work as well as the foreground in "At Anchor" though. I'm not sure if it's the size of the anchor or the fact that it's between the two boats. headscratch.gif

The more I go back and look at it though the less of a problem the anchor seems to be so take the above with a grain of salt. :D

Morning Jack,

Thank so much for the kind reply and thoughts, it's kind of a love hate
    relationship with the perspective, I agree:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited December 30, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I like both of your shots of this scene. I prefer this one because the boats are a little larger and I feel the anchor adds to the nautical " feel " . Your PP is spot on as well. Nice work.

Take care,

Tom

Morning Tom,

Thanks very much, this one was my Favorite of the this area.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited December 30, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Excellent comp, and wicked sky, Craig! Glad to see I'm not the only one with a dirty sensor. :giggle

Howdy You,

Thanks very much!!!

I know, I know and to make it worse, the post processing even makes stand out more.

I think it was also highlighted by the getting in and out of a warm car, to the cold environment, seem to make things worse.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Hi Craig.......I like both pics. but think this is a much better and more interesting pic. I like the composition.. the rocks tend to lead my eye into the pic. and it stops on the red boat...... IT IS WELL DONE......clap.gif azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    I really like the play of the anchor on land and the boats in the water. Good eye to see that thumb.gif
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Craig,

I'm a little torn on this composition. I think the anchor in the middle is my issue here. BTW, what's the story on that particular anchor? It looks like it was dug up. Anything special about it?
    Randy
    edited December 31, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Craig.......I like both pics. but think this is a much better and more interesting pic. I like the composition.. the rocks tend to lead my eye into the pic. and it stops on the red boat...... IT IS WELL DONE......clap.gif azzaro

Howdy Gary,

Thanks very much, this one does have a better feel and look to it.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited December 31, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I really like the play of the anchor on land and the boats in the water. Good eye to see that thumb.gif

Howdy Mary,

Thanks very much!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited December 31, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Craig,

I'm a little torn on this composition. I think the anchor in the middle is my issue here. BTW, what's the story on that particular anchor? It looks like it was dug up. Anything special about it?

Howdy Randy,

Thanks very much for the kind reply and comments, not sure about the Anchor, there is a long history of Ship Building and History in the Harbor, so I'm guessing that's where it comes in.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas