Options

Going solo for 1st time. Meeting clients Saturday.

jottajotta Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited January 2, 2010 in Weddings
I will be doing my first wedding solo, and I'm meeting the clients this Saturday. I did 2 weddings as a favor for friends, and 3 weddings for another photographer that got sick on the day. Any suggestions on what I should cover on this meeting? What should I have with me? I just ordered a couple of wedding albums but won't have them in time for the meeting. I'm thinking to print out some options on albums and have them pick where to have it done at. Please comments!!!
http://Jottaphoto.com
Nikon D90
Nikkor 18-105mm
Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 macro

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    They mainly want to see if they like you and want to spend their wedding day with you.
    Secondarily they want to see some of your work. Show them representative samples. If you only show them your best two pictures and none of their pictures are that good they will not be happy.
    Third they want to make sure they can trust you and you will provide what you say you will.
    If you can make them like you, your work and sell them on the whole package you will be providing...you are in.
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Your site has detailed, meticulous pricing information and you want to know "what you should cover at the meeting"? Seriously? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    I am a noob and have not done a wedding BUT my 2 daughters got married in the last 5 years, and at that time I had no interest in photography personally but this is what I wanted to know when we met a possible photographer.

see wedding photos
    how much experience
    back up camera?
    back up photographer?
    how will you get to wedding site and when
    the ones we chose were retired from Hollywood photo.film/art etc. and they take TWO CARS and divide the equipment into enough in each car to save the day
    how do you shoot both bride and groom while they get ready, if you do that
    have you worked with any of the vendors this wedding is using?

and what if all photos are ruined...

you see I always think on the bright side !rolleyes1.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700