Shady Ladies

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited December 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I was outside and shot the pic. thru the door.....

752778685_KT4p8-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    I like it. The color tones you've got here are quite nice and give the image a sort of old-time feel that fits in with the women being older. The pattern on the door at the lower part of the image also adds interest and adds to the old-time feel by vaguely suggesting Old West swinging saloon doors. It's interesting also how you got the split between the two door panels to completely disappear... did you clone it out or did it just blur out by itself?
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    craig_d wrote:
    I like it. The color tones you've got here are quite nice and give the image a sort of old-time feel that fits in with the women being older. The pattern on the door at the lower part of the image also adds interest and adds to the old-time feel by vaguely suggesting Old West swinging saloon doors. It's interesting also how you got the split between the two door panels to completely disappear... did you clone it out or did it just blur out by itself?

Thanks for looking in and thanks for commenting.... The split just blurred out it itself.......It was swinging doors to and old time saloon.... azzaro
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    At first I thought they were wax figures and you were in a museum. But I can see they are alive!!!!:D

A really nice picture and everything about it gives an old west feel! There has to be a story behind this...?
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Howdy Azzaro

Nice "old looking" capture. All the saloon ladies on the Saturday morning cowboy shows on TV when I was a youth never looked like this. :eek1

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited December 30, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    At first I thought they were wax figures and you were in a museum. But I can see they are alive!!!!:D

A really nice picture and everything about it gives an old west feel! There has to be a story behind this...?

Thanks for commenting Eia.......They were waiting to get their picture taken in a saloon that was all part of a photography studio.....:D azzaro
    edited December 30, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Howdy Azzaro

Nice "old looking" capture. All the saloon ladies on the Saturday morning cowboy shows on TV when I was a youth never looked like this. :eek1

Thanks Jack for commenting...... These ladies are in color...The saloon ladies I saw back then were in black and white on a Zenith with a 12 inch round TV screen.... :D There was and antenna on the roof and it got one station:D

azzaro
  • BizShotzBizShotz Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    The one on the far right looks like the ring-leader! Watch out fer that one! :)
    edited December 30, 2009
    BizShotz wrote:
    The one on the far right looks like the ring-leader! Watch out fer that one! :)

rolleyes1.gifazzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    The title made me chuckle before I even opened up the thread -- I just wasn't sure what I was going to see rolleyes1.gif

Nice capture -- and I agree -- the lady on the right is the one to watch out for. Those eyes are watchin' something :D
    edited December 31, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    The title made me chuckle before I even opened up the thread -- I just wasn't sure what I was going to see rolleyes1.gif

Nice capture -- and I agree -- the lady on the right is the one to watch out for. Those eyes are watchin' something :D

Shady ladies isn't used today but was popular in the late 1800s....THANKS FOR COMMENTING.....azzaro
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Honestly with a title like that this is the image that comes to mind but I thought "naaaa it's a play on words, it's probably beautiful mares under a tree"--then I opened it rolleyes1.gif . You always get me with your titles.

GREAT SHOT (capture) It could really almost go in PJ in that it tells a story--I like the bitter looking woman on the right with her arms crossed--She looks oh so judgmental.

Your first line "I was outside when I shot the pic" I was thinking "he was outside of what exactly?"rolleyes1.gif . I had me a nice story all made up in my mind.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Honestly with a title like that this is the image that comes to mind but I thought "naaaa it's a play on words, it's probably beautiful mares under a tree"--then I opened it rolleyes1.gif . You always get me with your titles.

GREAT SHOT (capture) It could really almost go in PJ in that it tells a story--I like the bitter looking woman on the right with her arms crossed--She looks oh so judgmental.

Your first line "I was outside when I shot the pic" I was thinking "he was outside of what exactly?"rolleyes1.gif . I had me a nice story all made up in my mind.

EDIT: Part of me wants to see this in sepia to match the timeline--but then you'd lose the beautiful rich colors and I like your processing on this.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    I like it Azzaro thumb.gif

Did you shoot this during Helldorado?
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Howdy Gary,

Really an interesting shot and love the processing on this one.

Well seen and captured!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited December 31, 2009

Hi Liz......A comment that put a smile on my facerolleyes1.gifThanks for a clever and nice comment........ I was outside in the street when I shot the picture thru the door....... As for that nice story, is that something I could do at 70, or do we have to make me young again just for the nightrolleyes1.gif

When I composed the picture, I saw that ladies angry face, and I wondered why she was so mad. :D Street shooting can be fun..... THANKS AGAIN

azzaro
    edited December 31, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    I like it Azzaro thumb.gif

Did you shoot this during Helldorado?

Hi Randy.....It was the day after Christmas...I was in the area and stopped in for a couple of hours....... Thanks for the comment..... azzaro
    edited December 31, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Gary,

Really an interesting shot and love the processing on this one.

Well seen and captured!!

Thanks Craig for the nice comment.....:Dazzaro