Options

Today's birthday

DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
edited July 25, 2005 in Landscapes
Today was the celebration of the seventh birthday of expo 98' here in Lisbon. I went looking for some decent pictures, the parade was really weak, but I managed to find interest in the crowd...

( by the way, thanks to mickle for his framing script, now I have patience to frame my shots for online posting :thumb )

this is like an expo's trademark, water volcanos:
vulcan.jpg

Resting performers:
nicepaint.jpg

I somehow find this interesting, can't really put my finger on what it is tough, maybe you can help:
looking.jpg

My favourite of the day:
fallenangel.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Hi David,
    Davidoff wrote:

I somehow find this interesting, can't really put my finger on what it is tough, maybe you can help:
    looking.jpg
    Looks like it was an interesting and fun place to shoot people. What caught my eye in this shot is the stick bike being ridden by a stick figure. Kinda scary that someone that thin could still be alive and pedaling a bike. Even though it's a busy background, he/she still stands out.

Thanks for sharing this series,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Thanks Higgmeister. Yes, it sure is. I'm quite sure she suffered from aids or some similar disease, she was very very thin and was having a bit of trouble with the bike. A few seconds later I could catch this one, where lots of people around are clapping and cheering, it was a touching moment:

applause.jpg

A bit more from the parade:
    gi_ant.jpg
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Great macro of the ant. I just haven't figured out what all the parasites around it arerolleyes1.gif.

It's also good to see that she can still smile.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister