Category and Subcategory Pro Pricing Options

HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
edited January 1, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have put this suggestion in Smugmug.Uservoice:
http://smugmug.uservoice.com/pages/17723-smugmug/suggestions/431576-category-and-subcategory-pro-pricing-option

I ask you to go take a look and to vote for it if you agree!

The issue is that when we I make a pricing decision, it is sometimes for just for one gallery, almost never for my whole portfolio, most always for an entire Subcategory (tied to a Category of course). A subcategory for me is a particular event that would have occurred on a particular date span. To do this currently I would have to reprice, usually a lowering, each gallery within a subcategory, and this as a very time consuming process with usually about 150 galleries within a subcategory.

Thanks!
Mark
www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Curious why apply pricing to multiple galleries won't work here?
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Well OK.. This is really the first time I have noticed that "Galleries" option as a 4th type of repricing. BUT.. When I went in just now with the intention of repricing a subcategory that is several years old, I selected the Galleries option, and it proceeded to take a good amoutn of time, perhaps 20 minutes, just to download the 8,000 or so galleries in their category and subcategory combos. IT is not on another tab if IE, saying Done with errors on page. The page is locked up and won't let me scroll to see what's there. I image it's just a huge amount of info to put on one IE page. Not sure if these errors make any difference to whomever it would be to investigate. I can copy them to someone, but not sure this is the place to put it.

In any event, the system isn't letting me even try to see if this method would work. I'll try it on a different computer within this building as well as on other computers in other buildings (different portal) to see if I can even complete the task.
    Mark
    edited December 30, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    I selected the Galleries option, and it proceeded to take a good amoutn of time, perhaps 20 minutes, just to download the 8,000 or so galleries in their category and subcategory combos. IT is not on another tab if IE, saying Done with errors on page.
    8000! that's a lot, Mark. You'll need a computer with lots of RAM and I'm sure a better browser than IE to handle that amount of beef. Try it with Firefox, which just performs better under all sorts of pressure.
    edited December 30, 2009
    OK Andy, so I installed Firefox on my computer, and it appears that this method will do what I have asked.. If I understand it, I need to set pricing in any gallery the way I want it, save that one, then use the galleries pricing option to copy that pricing over to any and all that I might select... Process seems fast and clean! Thanks...

My bad!
    Mark
    edited December 30, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    My bad!
    never your bad!
    IE just couldn't handle it, glad you got a better browser!
    FYI, we fully support current versions of IE. But in many respects, FF blows IE away, glad you're sorted out!
    edited January 1, 2010
    Well, I must add that I just rolled out my annual price adjustment (euphemism for "increase") and using Firefox it took a minimal 5 seconds once I pressed the adjust pricing button. That seemed to take minutes when I last used IE to do it. Just not sure why I resisted Firefox for so long!
    Mark