A mother's treasure is her daughter

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited December 30, 2009 in People
This is a pic I took of my daughter on my first night with my SB-600. What do you think of the conversion. Does the black and white work? Does the exposure look okay as far as using a flash?

4114473401_1fd8fecf87.jpg

TIA
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Personally, I think the background istoo close in color/contrast with her skin tone. It makes the overall look a bit distracting. She is a beautiful girl, congrats. As far as exposure, it might be a little on the over-exposed side for my taste but I tend to prefer darker/more contrasty images.

EDIT: THe contrast betwen her eyes and the rest of the image is fabulous.
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    Personally, I think the background istoo close in color/contrast with her skin tone. It makes the overall look a bit distracting. She is a beautiful girl, congrats. As far as exposure, it might be a little on the over-exposed side for my taste but I tend to prefer darker/more contrasty images.

EDIT: THe contrast betwen her eyes and the rest of the image is fabulous.

I am thinking maybe because I took it against a wall that was a weird mix between tan and grey, that it made it too close to her when I converted. Maybe I will go back and try something else. I thought maybe here face was too bright and she lost features. The pic without the conversion is okay with exposure, I am thinking maybe I went too much.

Thank you!
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~