"jake"

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited December 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
My son Ian was looking all Blues Brothers with his fedora and his 3D glasses after we saw Avatar so I had to snap a quick shot. When I sat down to take a look at what I had on the card I felt like something a little funky and this is what I ended up with.

753481832_EeuAL-L-1.jpg
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    This is really good thumb.gif

Would you share on how you did this?
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    I see Quentin Terentino movie poster........NICE!!!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    This is really good thumb.gif

Would you share on how you did this?

Started by applying various filters to the original image (which I can't remember what I finally used). Then duplicated layers, reducing each one to 75% of the previous layer, to get the the four individual images. Set a white outer glow to the top (smallest image) layer, then copy layer style from the top layer and paste it to the subsequent layers. Lastly, progressively adjust the transparency of each layer.

Sorry if this is a little hard to follow, I don't seem to be as clear headed as I thought I was when I started typing. If anyone needs clarification on anything post and I'll reply when I'm more lucid.

:::[EDIT]::: I almost forgot, I removed the upper background from the top 3 layers so they didn't interfere with the layer below it.
    Scooba Steve

Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
    edited December 30, 2009
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    I see Quentin Terentino movie poster........NICE!!!

Thanks, as it progressed it took on more and more of a 60's Pop Art feel, I think it'll make a nice addition to my living room.
    Scooba Steve

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2009
    Started by applying various filters to the original image (which I can't remember what I finally used). Then duplicated layers, reducing each one to 75% of the previous layer, to get the the four individual images. Set a white outer glow to the top (smallest image) layer, then copy layer style from the top layer and paste it to the subsequent layers. Lastly, progressively adjust the transparency of each layer.

Sorry if this is a little hard to follow, I don't seem to be as clear headed as I thought I was when I started typing. If anyone needs clarification on anything post and I'll reply when I'm more lucid.

Came across very clear -- thanks for sharing it with me/us :D
    edited December 31, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Came across very clear -- thanks for sharing it with me/us :D

you are very welcome... I am always surprised when someone want's to know how I achieved a look. Eventually I'm just going to have to accept that there are rare occasion when I create something someone would like to emulate thumb.gif
    Scooba Steve