Options

SOLD: Bargain-priced 100 f2

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited January 6, 2010 in House of Canon
The sale on this terrific lens fell through, so it's back on the market.

"Dance 10, looks 3".

This is a VERY sharp lens and a reliable performer - it has never let me down. It is a great lens, but has some external marks, thus the low price. The reason I'm selling is because I bought a 135L and the focal lengths are too similar to need both.

I purchased it used from KEH in the summer, and it arrived with me in its current condition: there is a nick on the filter ring, some scuffs on the body, and two very light scratches on the front element that I didn't even know were there until they were pointed out to me.

It's almost impossible to photograph the marks on the glass because you can only see them at just the right angle in just the right light. More importantly, they have had NO impact on images I've taken with the lens; I've used it in a lot of different lighting, and never noticed any kind of problem. I'm happy to take test shots at any settings you request and send them to you SOOC w/exif if you have any qualms or concerns about this - please feel free to ask.

Again, I repeat that while the appearance of this lens is about a 5/6, its performance is a 9/10. Crazy sharp, accurate and fast autofocus, and an all-round good performer.

Because of the marks, it is bargain-priced at $275 incl pp and shipping to the lower 48. I also have the hood for it (Canon brand), which I can include for an extra $15.

Edited to add that front/back caps are also included.

shot taken wide open at f2
f2.jpg

nick in filter ring
nick.jpg

an attempt to show one of the marks on glass, marked by the arrows - there's another similar mark next to it which you can't see, but all other visible specks/dots etc are reflections (this is ~100% crop from the shot above)
IMG_3932.jpg

body scuffs
rubmarks.jpg

Comments

• Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Ah yes. This is the kind of lens I used to pick up at local camera shows back in the manual focus days. Not 'mint' yet still capable of providing excellent results. A good example of a 'user' lens, i.e., one that impresses with results, not by its appearance.

Actually, this one doesn't seem to be that unpretty. My old 70-200 f/2.8 'L' looked far worse and produced superb pix if I did my part of the job. :D

BTW, in my experience, minor flaws on the front element have no practical effect on image quality.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2009
    Thanks Scott. That's my feeling about it too, which is why I hope somebody will take advantage of the bargain price - this lens deserves to be used!
  • Options
    daddodaddo Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    you got PM
    divamum wrote:
    Thanks Scott. That's my feeling about it too, which is why I hope somebody will take advantage of the bargain price - this lens deserves to be used!
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2009
    pm replied
  • Options
    mr mojomr mojo Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Canon Lens
    You have Pm

Thanks
  • Options