Allen Street

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited January 2, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
The picture was taken in Tombstone AZ...

753566885_cCmRZ-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Nice shot Azzaro,

I only got to visit about an hour in Tombstone, returning home from a motorcycle trip to California a couple of years ago.

Did they redo the street, and get rid of those silly little trees?

I still hope to return there someday and do some pics of buddies in authentic 1880's gear.
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Nice shot , Azzaro. I've liked all your photos coming from this area. I assume there is a small district to Tombstone that has been left as it was, or restored to a style of those days long gone. Is that so?

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Nice shot Azzaro,

I only got to visit about an hour in Tombstone, returning home from a motorcycle trip to California a couple of years ago.

Did they redo the street, and get rid of those silly little trees?

I still hope to return there someday and do some pics of buddies in authentic 1880's gear.

They must have redone the streets there weren't any trees...... Thanks for commenting, Randy.
    edited December 31, 2009
    Nice shot , Azzaro. I've liked all your photos coming from this area. I assume there is a small district to Tombstone that has been left as it was, or restored to a style of those days long gone. Is that so?

Take care,

Tom

Hi Tom......Tombstone started out as a mining town.....The mines were short lived, They were mined for about 7 years when ground water started to rise and flooded some them......They mined magnesium and lead for WW I.. After that they restored the buildings, and went after the tourist business..
    The only building that is exactly as it was from its hay day is the Bird Cage. The faro table where Doc Holiday played cards is like the day he played there. They claim that the worlds longest poker game was played there. The game ran for 5 years 7 days a week 24 hours a day. If you wanted to play they put your name on a list and would come and get you when it was your turn, which might not be for several days....... Thanks for looking at my picture from there....and the nice comment...azzaro
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Nice shot.

And for some reason, when I saw the title of the thread, I immediately thought of Tombstone, AZ.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
    edited December 31, 2009
    WillCAD wrote:
    Nice shot.

And for some reason, when I saw the title of the thread, I immediately thought of Tombstone, AZ.

Thanks for looking and the comment....... I take it you have been to Tombstone....... azzaro
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    Thanks for looking and the comment....... I take it you have been to Tombstone....... azzaro

Nope. Not a once. In point of fact, I've only been out west once - in April 2009 for my 40th birthday - and the only parts of Arizona I saw were I-40 between Vegas and Grand Canyon Village. Beautiful country, though, I hope I can go back and see more in the future.

But I'm a big fan of the movie with Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer.

You're so drunk, you're probably seein' double right now.

I have two guns - one for each of ya.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 1, 2010
    Very nice, Gary. I really like the crispness and desaturated look to this shot. I might make a pano crop out of it to eliminate the big shadow in the foreground though. I really need to visit Tombstone some day.

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited January 1, 2010
    kdog wrote:
    Very nice, Gary. I really like the crispness and desaturated look to this shot. I might make a pano crop out of it to eliminate the big shadow in the foreground though. I really need to visit Tombstone some day.

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks Joel for the comment........I didn't like the shadow, but pano didn't come to mind.... headscratch.gif I will give it a try..... azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Nice shot Azzaro thumb.gif
    edited January 2, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Nice shot Azzaro thumb.gif

THANKS MARY.........azzaro