question about lens extended warranty?

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 3, 2010 in Cameras
my husband bought me a new lens for christmas, and there is a card in there to fill out for the 5 year warranty. But it says to send it in within 5 days of purchase. Well he bought it from amazon about two weeks before christmas. So i guess I'm screwed out of the warranty extension? Why would they only give you 5 days? I know I didn't send in the extended warranty card on my kit lens because I ordered the camera online and got it about 5 days later. Any insight on this? doesn't really seem right, especially with online ordering.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    I would call them and since it was mail ordered they should have the option to do warranty online and 5 days from receiving the product......if you need an extended warranty search ebay for mack or google square trade warranty....I have both but I have never had to use either one....so are they a waste of money....not for me...I have piece of mind that I have a warranty even for used equipment bought off ebay......Square Trade is starting to get more of bsiness just for the price factor................But good replacement value insurance is very good to have also.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• JovesJoves Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Just register it at Nikons site. They wont be too sticky on the date thing but, what you need to do is keep the reciept, that they are sticky with on the warranty work. I register everything online and, havent always got it within the 5 day time.
    I shoot therefore Iam.
    http://joves.smugmug.com/
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    Yes reg.. on line, and keep a copy of the receipt in the box, so if you need it you know were it is. Nikon is really good with this...
    Happy New Year
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    thanks for the suggestions. i'm going to try the online registration and if that doesn't work i'll definitely check out that square trade.