Options

SOLD: 17-55 2.8 and D300

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited March 29, 2010 in Nikon Land
Price Drop
D300: $950 - SOLD I'm shocked, but I actually sold it for $1125 on eBay!
17-55:$850 - SOLD
Net to me, shipping and paypal covered by you.

Will accept trades, in order of importance: D700, 85 f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, or 135 f/2 DC, 5DMKII (thinking of switching back for a better lens selection). So if you have any of those, lets work something out :D

They're both in mint condition, and I love this lens and body, but I have a couple weddings coming up and full frame would be nice. If no offers arise I will just keep my current setup because I love it. Pictures and further description will be provided apon inquiry. All boxes and original documentation/accessories will be included.

The battery is at 0 so it still has many charges left. Its at 31% in the picture,but I will charge it before sending so it will be good to go.

More images can be seen here: http://portfolio.jeremydwayne.com/Business/For-Sale/8866485_kHmnp/1/774199856_Xy6fg
Jer

Comments

• Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    I made the same switch last year. Weddings + Full Frame = Gorgeous. :D Good luck with the trade; I wish I could help you out, but I've got a D300s coming in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2010
    Thanks man! I kinda want the D300s... because I do SOME video work here and there, and the HD would be nice... the Dual card slot would be nice (could use one of them fancy eye fi cards)... but alas... I want glorious full frame more!
    Jer
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Thanks man! I kinda want the D300s... because I do SOME video work here and there, and the HD would be nice... the Dual card slot would be nice (could use one of them fancy eye fi cards)... but alas... I want glorious full frame more!

I think they each have their place, but no doubt FF has some advantages for wedding work. I can't wait to use the D300s with my FF glass. Talk about corner-to-corner sharpness! :)

You may want to post some pix of your setup...just a thought.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2010
    I think they each have their place, but no doubt FF has some advantages for wedding work. I can't wait to use the D300s with my FF glass. Talk about corner-to-corner sharpness! :)

You may want to post some pix of your setup...just a thought.
    I might... I'll have to ask a friend for his camera... because this is my only body right now. I'm gonna either borrow a friends D80 or rent another body as backup for the weddings. Don't have enough money right now to own two bodies. rolleyes1.gif

But, for now, here are the pictures that the previous owners took... still in the same condition as when I bought them. Put the link and photo in the original post.

Oh, yeah, I've had a UV filter on the lens since the day I got it. Purchased both of these off of Fred Miranda back in November.
    Jer
  • Options
    ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    I might... I'll have to ask a friend for his camera... because this is my only body right now. I'm gonna either borrow a friends D80 or rent another body as backup for the weddings. Don't have enough money right now to own two bodies. rolleyes1.gif
    Here's a thought - instead of taking the hit in value on your D300, why not just rent a D700 body for the wedding and use your D300 as a second. I shot my first wedding over the summer with my D300 and D80 as a second/backup. There's no comparison between the two - the D80 was nice when that's all I had, but there's a world of difference between the D80 and D300 - even as a backup. And I'm sure once you get a hold of a D700, the D80 is going to feel like a toy!
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2010
    Here's a thought - instead of taking the hit in value on your D300, why not just rent a D700 body for the wedding and use your D300 as a second. I shot my first wedding over the summer with my D300 and D80 as a second/backup. There's no comparison between the two - the D80 was nice when that's all I had, but there's a world of difference between the D80 and D300 - even as a backup. And I'm sure once you get a hold of a D700, the D80 is going to feel like a toy!

I just got the D300 used about a month ago... I wont be taking a hit in value.

And, I already think the D80 is a toy, which is why I bought a D300 in the first place. Switching from a 50D in canon to a D80 would not seem logical.. a D300 is very comparable to the 50D, and is somewhat better.

Instead of spending money I don't have on renting a D700 for $270 or so, I can own my own, and spend alot less renting lenses. I don't anticipate the D700 (or my D300 if no one trades) to fail on me, so the D80 would be fine as a free backup.

My first wedding this summer isn't bringing in any cash for me... I'm doing it for a friend, so I want to keep it as low cost as possible. I'm willing to spend $150 to rent a couple lenses for a week. Not gonna spend $270 + $85 for the 70-200 I need.

Not to sound rude but, please... no more, off topic don't do it posts... only serious inquiries. Thank you very much for trying to save my investment however.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    Bump, and am willing to sell if everything is spoken for... and I need a D700 lined up for purchase as well.

SO, if anyone has a D700 they want to sell... PM me. I'll take mighty fine care of it!
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2010
    bump for a great camera and lens...
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2010
    bumperoo... oh, and I wouldn't mind trading the 17-55 for a Nikkor 135mm f/2-D DC :D or an 85mm f/1.4D AF... might throw in some cash too.. not sure what those two are going for used now-a-days.
    Jer
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    bumperoo... oh, and I wouldn't mind trading the 17-55 for a Nikkor 135mm f/2-D DC :D or an 85mm f/1.4D AF... might throw in some cash too.. not sure what those two are going for used now-a-days.

I am looking for a 17-55, so if you get a D700 lined up shoot me a PM. Thanks.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    FYI People... these are still for sale/trade.
    Jer
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2010
    FYI People... these are still for sale/trade.

I am out for now, life happened and I still have stuff to sell. Sorry, I should have posted up earlier.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2010
    cbbr wrote:
    I am out for now, life happened and I still have stuff to sell. Sorry, I should have posted up earlier.
    Thats fine man, if your situation changes hit me up. I don't expect I'll be selling anytime soon.
    Jer
  • Options
    CCPhotoCCPhoto Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2010
    clicks
    Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it, but how many shutter clicks does the d300 have? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2010
    CCPhoto wrote:
    Sorry if this has been answered and I missed it, but how many shutter clicks does the d300 have? Thanks!

It's around 15,000...
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2010
    ^up^
    Jer
  • Options
    tyestyes Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    ^up^

very interested in the 17-55mm if its still up for sale.. do you have more detail pictures of the front and rear lens?? does it comes with original box, hood, manual, and possibly any warranty? Is there any dings and scratches on the body of lens? Is there anything wrong with the focusing ring?
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2010
    tyes wrote:
    very interested in the 17-55mm if its still up for sale.. do you have more detail pictures of the front and rear lens?? does it comes with original box, hood, manual, and possibly any warranty? Is there any dings and scratches on the body of lens? Is there anything wrong with the focusing ring?

I will take some detailed pictures tonight. Comes with the box, hood, manual, not sure about the warranty (I bought it used in November) but I will check on that when I get home later. No dings or scratches on the body or glass, and there is nothing wrong with the focusing ring... I will look over the lens more closely when I get home for scratches, but I'm pretty sure its perfect. :D
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2010
    ok, I looked at the warranty card for the lens. It was filled out in 2008, so I guess it still has 2-3 years left on it. And, there was no warranty card in the D300 box.

I can take pictures with a point and shoot, or I will have a lens available after 3pm that I can use to take pictures of the 17-55. Depends on if you want pro quality pictures or if you just want to see that its in good condition. (which it is)
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2010
    Added pictures to the original post.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    a couple people were interested but the deals fell through... These are still available.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2010
    Bump... these are still available. Haven't been on dgrin in a few months cause of school. But, I am still looking to sell these or trade for a D700 in similar condition... if you just want the lens: 85 f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, or 135 f/2 DC are what I would accept for a trade.

Might add cash to the trade depending on condition of your equipment. and what the current market prices are... haven't been paying attention lately.

body 950, lens 850.
    Jer
  • Options
    squeaky_clean82squeaky_clean82 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2010
    Sent you a PM about possible trade...

Thanks!

Chris
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2010
    All PMs answered, Lens is sold. (FINALLY)

Need to sell the body now!

Then I'm on my way to the lovely D700.
    Jer
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    Hurry and place your bids on ebay. Auction ends in an hour!
    Jer
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2010
    Sold!
    Jer
  • Options
    azboricuaazboricua Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    Sold!

Congrats, it looks like you got a little more money than you expected for your upgrade.thumb.gif