background:#000000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
color:#FFFFFF;
font-family:verdana,tahoma,helvetica,arial,sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
height:100%;
margin:0 0 20px;
}

Also all my altview buttons turned dark and I had to change the text
color of the one I had a different color, see FSSS button.

Has the smugmugBlack CSS just been changed?
This sure looks like a datecode 20091231172426.
I had to add body {color:#000;} to my user CSS.

Edit: Looks like the photoNav next and prev changed to white also, any
more surprises we should look for? :bash
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Probably related to the 30 new themes just released. I don't see any issues in my site.

In your control panel/site-wide-customization what is your background color set to?

What is your default theme set to?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    might be an obscure bug, Brian's chasing it, Al. Standby I asked him to fix and post here.
  • Options
    bstrongbstrong Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Allen wrote:
    All of a sudden my body text is white. It's been black forever. This
    is being inherited from smugmugBlack-20091231172426-stretch.css

body {
    -moz-background-clip:border;
    -moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
    -moz-background-origin:padding;
    background:#000000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    font-family:verdana,tahoma,helvetica,arial,sans-serif;
    font-size:12px;
    height:100%;
    margin:0 0 20px;
    }

Also all my altview buttons turned dark and I had to change the text
    color of the one I had a different color, see FSSS button.

Has the smugmugBlack CSS just been changed?
    This sure looks like a datecode 20091231172426.
    I had to add body {color:#000;} to my user CSS.

Edit: Looks like the photoNav next and prev changed to white also, any
    more surprises we should look for? :bash

Allen,

Is everything working now?

-Brian
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    bstrong wrote:
    Allen,

Is everything working now?

-Brian
    I commented out these two temp rules and it's back to normal now.
    body {color:#000;}
    #slideshowButton button {color: yellow !important;}

Thanks
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    So what exactly changed here to cause the font/button color problems? Was CSS added? Was CSS changed? I don't know what I should look for. headscratch.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2010
    Still needing some help. I can't see my gallery names since they're white on white. :cry
  • Options
    rlennon12rlennon12 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    Still needing some help. I can't see my gallery names since they're white on white. :cry

Im having the same sort of problem only with a few of the 'New 30' themes, particularly the 'Pink' and the Daddy's Girl where the background behind the text is white, and my nav text is also white.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2010
    rlennon12 wrote:
    Im having the same sort of problem only with a few of the 'New 30' themes, particularly the 'Pink' and the Daddy's Girl where the background behind the text is white, and my nav text is also white.
    Specifically, precisely, and exactly where, on your site please - make it easy for helpers to help you, thanks! :D
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2010
    The buttons in all my galleries (which are by default customized) are now black vs the old grey-ish color. The font has also changed to a florescent green for the numbers for pictures and page of pictures.

When logged in, the category and gallery listings display the name in white on a white background. I'm wondering what CSS is causing the problem and what might fix it. headscratch.gif

Site is newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com aka huntsvillecarscene.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2010
    No help? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    The buttons in all my galleries (which are by default customized) are now black vs the old grey-ish color. The font has also changed to a florescent green for the numbers for pictures and page of pictures.

When logged in, the category and gallery listings display the name in white on a white background. I'm wondering what CSS is causing the problem and what might fix it. headscratch.gif

Site is newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com aka huntsvillecarscene.smugmug.com
    I can't find any Smugmug galleries via any of the links you've posted. Please post a link to a specific gallery you are asking about.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    jfriend wrote:
    I can't find any Smugmug galleries via any of the links you've posted. Please post a link to a specific gallery you are asking about.
    Thank you for the reply. Here's a link to a random gallery with the issue green font and black buttons issue (all galleries have the same customization so they all do it):
    http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/gallery/1951360_z8ZWf#99097716_8gPCj

Since all my galleries are hidden, you can't see the white-on-white in a category listing, but I've discovered that even the "no galleries found" message is having the white-on-white issue. I think we can diagnose it from that. Here's a link to that:
    http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/Archive

Thank you again!
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    Thank you for the reply. Here's a link to a random gallery with the issue green font and black buttons issue (all galleries have the same customization so they all do it):
    http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/gallery/1951360_z8ZWf#99097716_8gPCj

Since all my galleries are hidden, you can't see the white-on-white in a category listing, but I've discovered that even the "no galleries found" message is having the white-on-white issue. I think we can diagnose it from that. Here's a link to that:
    http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/Archive

Thank you again!
    Can you tell me what your global theme is (the one set in the control panel)? I'm guessing that a better choice for that would fix everything up. We could fix it with CSS, but it would take a lot of CSS to get everything right and the issue is that your default theme is just not the right one for the look you're going for. Can you try several different default themes and find a better one that solves both issues?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    jfriend wrote:
    Can you tell me what your global theme is (the one set in the control panel)? I'm guessing that a better choice for that would fix everything up. We could fix it with CSS, but it would take a lot of CSS to get everything right and the issue is that your default theme is just not the right one for the look you're going for. Can you try several different default themes and find a better one that solves both issues?
    It's a custom one, but I also have site customization that is basically a copy of the theme. When I originally signed on with SM, that was the only way to get things to look how I wanted. If we have to dig into all that, which will probably need to be re-done, it's just a problem I'll live with until I have time to dedicate to customization. I was hoping the fix would be simple. :cry Thank you anyways.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    It's a custom one, but I also have site customization that is basically a copy of the theme. When I originally signed on with SM, that was the only way to get things to look how I wanted. If we have to dig into all that, which will probably need to be re-done, it's just a problem I'll live with until I have time to dedicate to customization. I was hoping the fix would be simple. :cry Thank you anyways.
    There are a lot of colors messed up because the default for the page is incompatible with the the overall background and text color you have set. You could fix everything by adding a ton more rules to your customization, but that's the messy and not very maintainable way to fix things. It's much better to set the default to something that has a similar background and text color as what you're going for - then most things will just work and you can override the few things you want to tweak. As it is now, you've got a default that is opposite to what you're trying to set to so anything you don't override is wrong. I recommend setting a default theme first that has white background, black text and all other colors consistent with that, then tweaking a few remaining customizations to customize it the way you want.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    jfriend wrote:
    There are a lot of colors messed up because the default for the page is incompatible with the the overall background and text color you have set. You could fix everything by adding a ton more rules to your customization, but that's the messy and not very maintainable way to fix things. It's much better to set the default to something that has a similar background and text color as what you're going for - then most things will just work and you can override the few things you want to tweak. As it is now, you've got a default that is opposite to what you're trying to set to so anything you don't override is wrong. I recommend setting a default theme first that has white background, black text and all other colors consistent with that, then tweaking a few remaining customizations to customize it the way you want.
    Thank you. This is excellent insight as to what's going on. It seems that some of the default colors are back to the default, ie the CSS no longer changes the default to what I want it to be. Now I know what I have to change when I have time. Thank you! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    Thank you. This is excellent insight as to what's going on. It seems that some of the default colors are back to the default, ie the CSS no longer changes the default to what I want it to be. Now I know what I have to change when I have time. Thank you! clap.gif
    You might just try going to your site-wide-customization and picking "Light" for the default background, then hit the update button. This should at least give you intelligent default text and button colors for a light colored background.

2010-01-14_1446.png
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2010
    jfriend wrote:
    You might just try going to your site-wide-customization and picking "Light" for the default background, then hit the update button. This should at least give you intelligent default text and button colors for a light colored background.
    Thank you for the suggestion, but I just checked it and it's already set to light. ne_nau.gif

I figured it out!! clap.gif My custom theme has been the same since about 2005. Since then, I haven't touched it. There's one option that was not available in 2005, but has been added since then--Base Color. Since I never selected anything for that option, the radio button actually has nothing selected when I choose to edit the theme.

I copied the theme to a test theme and tried setting this 'Base Color' option to White, and bingo! The gallery looked normal again! I think what was happening was it was defaulting to Black for the Base Color option since nothing was selected. And this matches what you found.

I just changed this in my custom theme and all is well! Thank you very much for your help. bowdown.gifclap.gif Your insight was key in finding a quick and painless solution. thumb.gif