First macros with the 100 usm IS

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited January 2, 2010 in Holy Macro
754531525_fAro4-M.jpg

I should be using a flash if possible i understnad yes/no
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Hi Eddy,

This I believe would be considered more a close up as opposed to a macro (I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong :) ).

With regards to flash, it's not imperative. If you have good strong light available, use aperture priority mode you should be able to get a decent shutter speed, even at F8.

I like to use fill flash in my shots. That is, I'll dial in F8, 1/200 and then use my speedlite diffused at around -1 to -2 power output (In ETTL) mode. It depends on the light and how much shadow I wish to create in my shot.

I highly recommend reading Brians (Lord Vetinari) tutorials :)
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    thanks i thougth it not a macro...having said that thanks for pointing me in a directio where i can get deeper pnenetration on the subject and to be able to go for some nice setup..
    I thank you Ian...Yes i will be reading the lords macro book
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    You're welcome.

Here are LordV's tutorials

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=143373
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    good one :)
    As Ian says a flash is not a necessity but is useful especially with insects and taking higher magnification shots.
    Brian v.