Camera constantly says it is "Busy"

reynazackphotographyreynazackphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited January 2, 2010 in Cameras
I have a Canon Digital Rebel xsi. When I am using the flash, the camera constantly says it is "busy," which makes me miss moments I want to capture on film. I am usually shooting in AV mode and only use the flash when I am shooting indoors. What can I do to help alleviate this?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks and happy new year to all!

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 1, 2010
    Moving this over to cameras for a bit more exposure.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    I have a Canon Digital Rebel xsi. When I am using the flash, the camera constantly says it is "busy," which makes me miss moments I want to capture on film. I am usually shooting in AV mode and only use the flash when I am shooting indoors. What can I do to help alleviate this?
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks and happy new year to all!

External flash? Does it prohibit you from taking any shots at all or simply show "busy" for a long time between shots?
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 1, 2010
    Have you recently formatted your memory card? If not, try that. Perhaps it's busy because not enough space exists or there are problems with the card?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    It also could be a problem with the speed of recharging the flash. How old is the battery? Perhaps it does not have the some capacity as previously. I also agree with Ian about the Flash card. I see a difference when I go to my "backup" (older/slower) cards which are slower read write speeds.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    slow memory card
    The old cards with old file cause the delay. Try to delete and formate the card once a while to clean up the data.
    I had experience delete the files on the card by Window explorer, it still locked up some memory space on the card and need to formate it in the camera.

Check the writing speed of the card.

change to Auto with smaller jpg file may help.

Charging the flash may be another reason. Battery grip may help.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/