Options

Silly PS CS4 Question....How do I save as a jpg???

CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited January 4, 2010 in Finishing School
So, I'm fairly familiar with PS (or so I thought :scratch). I've used up through CS2 pretty regularly, however, I'm new to using it on a Mac (not sure if that's the issue, or what). So, I opened a RAW image in LR (a Canon .cr2 file) and then sent it to PS for further editing. I got a weird message that said that ACR in PS wasn't up to date or something but there was an option to "render with LR" so I went with that, and it opened just fine. So anyway, I made the edits that I wanted and went to save it, hoping to save it as a jpg. I couldn't find it as one of the format options. This was a flattened image...no extra layers/masks/etc. I tried the "save as a copy" option to see if that would change the formatting options I'd have available, but that didn't work either.

Both of these are trial versions of the programs.

Any idea what gives? I feel like such a Noob.

~jb
Justin Benson
CTU Photography

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    Image>Mode>8bit
    then you can save as jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    oh geez...i AM a noob. thank you Andy.

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    The image that was giving me the headache...
    Yep, worked like a charm that time! yelrotflmao.gif

....as inspired by Jeff's recent Textures post.
    755164899_65XgA-M.jpg

Thx again, Andy.

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • Options
    eur0edeur0ed Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Instead of manually changing the image mode to 8 bit, I'd suggest leaving the psd at whatever it's at..as this will allow you to still process the image as a 16 or 32 later on...instead go file > save for web or "ctrl+alt+shift+s" as this will also make sure the image is converted and saved as srgb..you'll also have the option to embed copywrite info etc into the file.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Oh yeah....I just wanted to save a copy out for posting here to dGrin. :D I kept a full copy as a PSD as well in order to save my actual working copy.

~jb
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography