Options

DSS #41 A Shoe's Death

80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited January 3, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
First try at a challenge, so would welcome some C&C. My dog is not a shoe chewing dog, so it's harder than you would think to get her to put her mouth in them! I really like the blur in this, but no idea how I got it :dunno . Straight out of the camera... now to try and replicate for another time.

755061035_KA6pf-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    It's a good concept, but a somewhat static shot. Try some other angles, maybe?
  • Options
    sscottysscotty Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    If you are going to play around with this some more, you might want to try to increase the contrast between the brown carpet and brown dog. Perhaps you can put red bedspread down. . . Also, it looks like your dog is a lover, not a fighter. I might put a trace of peanut butter on the shoe and get the dog liking the side of it as if saying, 'wanna go for a walk buddy?' The dog looks so cute in your profile pic-- it would be good to get his face in there.
  • Options
    80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Ok, so I've had another play. Do you think any of these work better?

2. 755997075_KhAxW-M.jpg

3. 756000002_8ofeg-M.jpg

4. 756000906_GjEGp-M.jpg

5. Waiting for permission to start licking! 756002238_MgtwV-M.jpg
  • Options
    sscottysscotty Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    #3 absolutely makes me laugh! I love the pups look. It is wonderful! The red background looks sharp. Great job.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Personally I like your first attempt best. I think the concept of the dog ripping the shoe apart for fun is a good one. If it were my idea, I'd go for some re-shoots and processing work on that one.