A New shot C&C

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited January 3, 2010 in People
Wanted to get some C&C on this shot.

755063335_tcVuG-L.jpg

Comments

• MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2010
    I really like the intense expression.. its a genuine projection of how most hugely pregnant women feel..lol. IMO.. the background has too much texture and Is distracting.. I can see orange trees in distance.. I think that may have been a better choice if you didn't want to blur the backdrop. Plus something about fruit and pregnancy seems symbolic to me. I also think that the brighter background is also throwing off the exposure.. making her a little darker than real life.. I'd like to see her pop..(no pun) a little more so that she is the focus and my eyes know right where to go.

just my humble opinion.
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Thanks and yes i see what you mean about the bg a bit lighter than her i will fix that. I desktop crashed and have had to do my pp on my laptop. =disaster!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Wanted to get some C&C on this shot.
    Here you go:
    • BG is too bright and textured, hance, as it's been already mentioned, it draws too much of attention to itself. Especially the white things at 2 o'clock.
    • Light is both flat and unflattering: check the shadows under the eyes.
    • Having the subject dressed in black top essentially makes this picture about everything else *but* her pregnancy...
    • Dead center composition doesn't work here (frankly, it rarely does)
    Sorry, no "pros" todays, "cons" only...ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"