Options

The Aftermath of New Years

cajohnsonphotographycajohnsonphotography Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited January 2, 2010 in Street and Documentary
[IMG][/img]755307772_Ux5rM-M.jpg

I started a "365 Project" on New Years day, So I wandered the streets in downtown Green Bay early in the morning and this was my shot for the day. One down, 364 to go.

Comments

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    The photo is interesting, but the presentation overwhelms it. The image, as is seen without double-clicking, is far too small. The framing is more than the image.

This forum is designed to be a showcase for images...bare-bones images. If this photograph was to be framed and hung on the wall, that framing would be appropriate. I'd like it.

In this forum though, no.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    The photo is interesting, but the presentation overwhelms it. The image, as is seen without double-clicking, is far too small. The framing is more than the image.

This forum is designed to be a showcase for images...bare-bones images. If this photograph was to be framed and hung on the wall, that framing would be appropriate. I'd like it.

In this forum though, no.
    15524779-Ti.gif

Add to that the extra brackets and that one can't read the sign on the meter, well. Oh-well time to move on!  And the image does Not get its due!  Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    cajohnsonphotographycajohnsonphotography Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    Better ?
    755426148_NnJ9y-L.jpg

Does this look any better ?
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010

I started a "365 Project" on New Years day, So I wandered the streets in downtown Green Bay early in the morning and this was my shot for the day. One down, 364 to go.

That is a really wonderful image - now get rid of all the crap around it. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    755426148_NnJ9y-L.jpg

Does this look any better ?

Yes, for this forum that's what should be posted.

I hope I'm clear that my comments are about the image as posted in this forum and not the final use of the image.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/