Options

#41: Too many ideas

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited January 3, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Shoes are awesome. I love shoes.

Consequently, my brain is jammed with so many ideas that I can't think any of them through in a coherent fashion. I think I'm currently veering between organic "chance capture"-type shots, or posed feet with some kind of story to tell, but then in the back of my mind I also have Steichen's shot for Vogue. And, of course, all the wonderful "storytelling" shots from y'all so far have got my brain going in an entirely different direction yet again (as well as pointing out that a lot of my ideas so far have been utter rubbish!)

Soooo today I decided to shoot (shoet?) something, ANYthing. I have no idea if this is where I will wind up, but here's a start. I have at least one more "still-life" type idea percolating, but I'm not sure if I have the space or lighting to pull it off - we'll see..

So, for starters, here's this one. Thoughts? All feedback very much welcomed, as I'm not really feeling any inspiration - while there's a lot in my head right now, the signal-to-noise ratio is very poor..... :rolleyes

755497981_cpA6J-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    divamum wrote:
    Shoes are awesome. I love shoes.

Consequently, my brain is jammed with so many ideas that I can't think any of them through in a coherent fashion. I think I'm currently veering between organic "chance capture"-type shots, or posed feet with some kind of story to tell, but then in the back of my mind I also have Steichen's shot for Vogue. And, of course, all the wonderful "storytelling" shots from y'all so far have got my brain going in an entirely different direction yet again (as well as pointing out that a lot of my ideas so far have been utter rubbish!)

Soooo today I decided to shoot (shoet?) something, ANYthing. I have no idea if this is where I will wind up, but here's a start. I have at least one more "still-life" type idea percolating, but I'm not sure if I have the space or lighting to pull it off - we'll see..

So, for starters, here's this one. Thoughts? All feedback very much welcomed, as I'm not really feeling any inspiration - while there's a lot in my head right now, the signal-to-noise ratio is very poor..... rolleyes1.gif

755497981_cpA6J-L.jpg

I like the toning of the image, but not sure why the shoes are on the keyboard?

I like this challenge because it seems very specific, but in reality there are a lot of different ways to go with it: storytelling, still lifes, analysis of shape, color, texture, etc.

I'm sure you'll come through with something! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    MarkR wrote:
    I like the toning of the image, but not sure why the shoes are on the keyboard?

Unusual fingering technique? headscratch.gif

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Seriously, I have no idea. I just had the b/w shoes in the music room (which is also where I shoot a lot of the time) and the bw keyboard and it kinda spoke to me and ... well, yanno...

Like I say, I am SO unfocused with this one. Too many ideas and not one of 'em solid

This shot did get me playing around with textures, however - not sure I like the result, but it's the first time I've really made the effort with texture, so it was fun thumb.gif
  • Options
    sscottysscotty Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    I don't question the shoes on the keyboard— shoes and music go together. For me the amount of shadow at the tip of the shoe is distracting. I like the lines and textures of the photograph.

Scotty
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2010
    sscotty wrote:
    I don't question the shoes on the keyboard— shoes and music go together. For me the amount of shadow at the tip of the shoe is distracting. I like the lines and textures of the photograph.

Scotty

Thanks Scotty - that's actully easily fixed because I darkened the contrast on that in post. I questioned it too once I'd done the texturing and toning - maybe time to go back and revisit that if I stick with it as an entry. So far it's all I've got, so have to see what this week brings! thumb.gif

Thanks for the comment :)
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    Really like the idea and composition as a still life. I'm not real fond of the lighting and processing though.